Asus laptop - 14" OLED screen - 90Hz - $449

HardWired1

n00b
I'm assuming they're reworks or a pile of new-old stock recently discovered as Asus has moved on from this model. Regardless, they're being sold as new with an easy return to your nearest Walmart.

The screen looks magnificent! The colors pop, Oled ftw! After viewing my oled tv the last few years it's hard to visually enjoy anything else.

The ram is soldered on the board with no open slot so it's capped at 8 gigs, but you can swap out the m.2. The keyboard is solid and easy/quick to type on, the track pad is huge and super responsive, and the chassis/build is solid. It supports HDR in Windows and plays YouTube 4K HDR 60fps vids no problem. Did I mention the screen is drop-dead gorgeous? After a lot of searching, this may be the only sub $500 OLED screen laptop you'll find anywhere from any manufacturer.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ASUS-Viv...bG1NatUjUNe1vGjKQL1JkZGD1bnJvJxRoCueEQAvD_BwE

Last edited:
Perfect timing with the potential backdoor announcment in Asus! only paritally being sarcastic. Good deal though. Wife has been asking for a new laptop and this might fit the bill.

Dang, that's a killer deal. But no expandable RAM is a deal breaker for me.

I will say that the Iris XE IGP is actually decent for older games. I just played Dead Space on my travel Latitude laptop over the holiday break and it gets 60-120 FPS maxed out at 1080p. Pretty crazy to me how usable IGPs are now.

There is an MSI with a 1650 in it for $519. Probably in general a better deal. But not if the better panel is a must have

Back