Asus G15 Advantage Laptop

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Put my 6800M on task last night getting 43MHs. Sadly, Asus has limited the Radeon tweaking software and there is no way to downclock in Asus' software to tune it appropriately.

Put my 6800M on task last night getting 43MHs. Sadly, Asus has limited the Radeon tweaking software and there is no way to downclock in Asus' software to tune it appropriately.

Good luck. I killed a laptop already using it to mine. Think it lasted like 2 or 3 months

If the temps are fine you should have no problem. Unfortunatly, laptops don't always report all important temps.

Ive had luck easily modifying vbios to incorporate a undervolt on amd cards. No idea if this would be relevant for that generation of mobile part.

If the temps are fine you should have no problem. Unfortunatly, laptops don't always report all important temps.

Ive had luck easily modifying vbios to incorporate a undervolt on amd cards. No idea if this would be relevant for that generation of mobile part.
Interestingly ASUS has disabled all of the Radeon Software tweaking and it is not available through ASUS' software, so no undervolting or underclocking the GPU or tweaking the VRAM.

Interestingly ASUS has disabled all of the Radeon Software tweaking and it is not available through ASUS' software, so no undervolting or underclocking the GPU or tweaking the VRAM.
Can you flash it with a unlocked vbios from a different laptop? That sounds like it's close to its thermal limitations and could heavily benefit from a undervolt.

Else ive had luck just modding
the hex of the vbios to push whatever voltage/clocks you want.

Can you flash it with a unlocked vbios from a different laptop? That sounds like it's close to its thermal limitations and could heavily benefit from a undervolt.

Else ive had luck just modding
the hex of the vbios to push whatever voltage/clocks you want.
Maybe. Not going to risk that quite yet.

Back