ASUS 580 ROG Strix 8GB - Quite Bios?

DWD1961

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone know exactly what that is and if I need to install it? My friend gave me an old 580 Rog Strix card that he used for mining way back in 2018, and I'm just now installing it. I found on the drivers page the download called

"Quite Bios"

Does anyone have any experience with that and or installation tips?

Most likely a "quiet" BIOS that specifies a really conservative fan curve. You may need to flash the original BIOS image back on the card, if it's had a customized one flashed on it for Ethereum mining, but I'd go with the standard or performance version.

I don't care for the zero RPM fan curves that some vendors like to insist on; they tend to let the card run much hotter than it needs to most of the time, and you can't really hear the fans when most cards are idling anyway.

No clue, normally quiet means no overclocking and a fan curve that allows the temperature to come up a bit before ramping speeds. I've seen the "silent" ones as well which don't even turn fans on until a specific point. I suspect the quiet (quite?) is just running slower fan speeds until temps rise then they come up.

I would look at the TechPowerUp database and search for your EXACT card. They can get you the proper bios and will tell you about the various versions. Pretty easy to flash polaris based cards.

The BIOS is the original. I was just wondering if I needed to install the Quite BIOS. If I hear teh card making too much noise, I'll check it out in more detail. I'll run a GPU heat test tonight and see how loud it is. Any suggestions? Back in the day we used FURMARK.

Isn’t there a small switch on the card that lets you select between a performance BIOS or a quiet BIOS?

the rog strix series (at the 5700) has a little hardware switch on it for performance mode and quiet mode. which is all about fan noise vs performance.

the rog strix series (at the 5700) has a little hardware switch on it for performance mode and quiet mode. which is all about fan noise vs performance.
I have the RX580. The fans don;t even spin when I'm doing desktop work.

Back