Assassin's Creed Valhalla

I hate to be THAT person but does anyone else find the game a little boring?
In Norway, yes. In England, no. In most ways I find the game to be better than Odyssey IMO. The only area I feel it falls short is the raid/fortress concept, which is a huge downgrade from Odyssey.

The setting at the beginning is certainly more sparse than Origins or Odyssey. It does seem slower paced due to that. I am still finishing up Rygjafylke before going to England.

Get out of Norway ASAP and get England off the ground. Once you get some things going then you can travel back and forth and start getting more into the groove. It gets a lot less boring very quickly. I'm impressed with the story and even the "Witcher style" world quests I've run into. Getting some skills and abilities also opens things up quite nicely. I love this game.

In Norway, yes. In England, no. In most ways I find the game to be better than Odyssey IMO. The only area I feel it falls short is the raid/fortress concept, which is a huge downgrade from Odyssey.
I agree, raids are pretty wimpy for the most part. I've finished a couple in probably under 5 minutes... not very epic.

Get out of Norway ASAP and get England off the ground. Once you get some things going then you can travel back and forth and start getting more into the groove. It gets a lot less boring very quickly. I'm impressed with the story and even the "Witcher style" world quests I've run into. Getting some skills and abilities also opens things up quite nicely. I love this game.

I think the combat takes a while to start really meshing. I've gotten poison and shit now and actually some interesting abilities and it's feeling much better.

The game seems a relatively slow burn in general for like the first 15 hours.

I think it suffers from the same problem as every other open world game in that it inundates the player with too many things you can do and does it too early. This is the critical double-edged sword that varies from player to player but, really, when you are given basically every option there's an increased chance of losing interest. I think this is an impossible task for developers but they also don't really impose the narrative all that much either through laziness ("it's the industry standard") or ineptitude. With that last point I will say, however, I am quite happy with the story thus far.

I do think if the game scaled difficulty to your character instead of doing it by region, which is an amazingly bad approach, I'd feel much better about this. I'm just over 200 for my power level and apparently I'm way behind in the story for 65 hours in, lol. I used to avoid zealots and now I hope they get aggro'd while I'm doing a raid just to give me a real opponent and to up the drama with a "boss" fight.

It's the exact opposite to Odyssey. That started very strong, but fizzled out later. This starts off very weak, but gets more and more interesting as you progress. Plus the game gets easier later, I'm way underleveled for story missions right now, but still can beat enemies fairly easily, and according to "experts" I'm the worst player that ever existed.

Odyssey had the higher difficulty option that was added that basically just scaled everything to you based off of chosen difficulty, so the levels didn't really matter unless you were under-level for a zone, at which point it was still really hard.

I'm surprised this one doesn't have the option off the bat. The game is absolutely too easy following around the main quest path, and if you do all the events as you come across them. The only really challenge are the super-high level fights scattered around the map.

That being said, the combat at least becomes a bit more entertaining as you get to some of the higher level zones because they start throwing more enemy variety at you, along with the abilities you've picked up. I generally prefer the combat in this game compared to Odyssey.

Long/short: I have surveyed Reddit and some other areas and see that a number of people (not everyone) have had some potentially negative effects from the patch. Unfortunately, I am probably one of them and my sister is, too. I've had more CTDs and she has had some freezes. We have done everything on our end we can do.

This sort of thing can happen. Big game, 4.3 GB patch... just bad luck of the draw.

Long/short: I have surveyed Reddit and some other areas and see that a number of people (not everyone) have had some potentially negative effects from the patch. Unfortunately, I am probably one of them and my sister is, too. I've had more CTDs and she has had some freezes. We have done everything on our end we can do.

This sort of thing can happen. Big game, 4.3 GB patch... just bad luck of the draw.
I've had two 'crashes' and I've had my character 'stuck' in place a couple of times...accompanied by blocky graphics.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
SEND HELP, just hit 30 hours and I've done like no major plot after hitting England.

CAN'T STOP DOING SIDE CONTENT AND LOOKING FOR ITEMS
I just got to England after sixteen hours.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Top 10 pictures taken moments before disaster

1606696563492.png

I really want to love this game but the bugs and crashes are so annoying! I play this game on three different PCs and I get random crashes on all of them.

I have about 60 hours invested, not a single crash. I have encountered a few minor quest bugs, but nothing game breaking. I recall having more crashes with Odyssey.

I have about 60 hours invested, not a single crash. I have encountered a few minor quest bugs, but nothing game breaking. I recall having more crashes with Odyssey.
No crashes for me either and I’m about 20ish hours in.

I've had 2 in like 35 hours.

Just poof, instant crash to desktop. Game was gone in attoseconds.

Was actually pretty impressive at how fast it vanished.

For the people that are not having any crashes... what GPU are you using?

I was crashing a fuck ton with MSI afterburner on. After shutting that off, 0 crashes. I'm running a 3080.

I would be willing to bet if it's a straight crash to desktop with nothing in event manager it's likely Denuvo having a shit fit over something.

I'm also using a 3080. Let me try this and see what happens.
These OC tools always seem to give me issues. The EVGA precision tool would crash pretty much all my games when I was using a 2080 TI.

I'm not even OCing with MSI Afterburner. I only turned down the voltage.

I like how someone else described it. The CTD is rather impressive in its speed. No fanfare..boom, desktop.

I have 2080ti, have msi afterburner running, and only had one ctd so far right after installing the 1.0.4 update, nothing before and since. ~50 hours.

I gotta say the loot system is a little fucking ridiculous

I have 9 fucking shields and still have not found a second 2-handed axe.

I found a pair of 2H axes and swords by the 40 hour mark in the regular world but if you've gone that long maybe it's time to look up where to find them. There's no way you haven't been in the same areas as where they are.

Don't forget to check stores, too.

I found a pair of 2H axes and swords by the 40 hour mark in the regular world but if you've gone that long maybe it's time to look up where to find them. There's no way you haven't been in the same areas as where they are.

Don't forget to check stores, too.

I've been systematically clearing the fuck out of every zone and I've bought every single item that's appeared in the store so far.

Got almost every item in Lundun, Cent, Essexe, Grantbridgehsidhasiodfsa, Ledcesinffwhatever, East Anglia, and I'm like half way through Oxenfordshire and Sciropescire.

So I'm either unlucky as shit and it's like the last thing I haven't looted in some areas or they're rare as hell.

Mounts have a fucking mind of their own sometimes. I thought it might have been the follow road key, but it wasn't

I've gotten them stuck like this a couple times, had to kill it once.

I've been systematically clearing the fuck out of every zone and I've bought every single item that's appeared in the store so far.

Got almost every item in Lundun, Cent, Essexe, Grantbridgehsidhasiodfsa, Ledcesinffwhatever, East Anglia, and I'm like half way through Oxenfordshire and Sciropescire.

So I'm either unlucky as shit and it's like the last thing I haven't looted in some areas or they're rare as hell.
Lol

I'm assuming you got the gold one that has the perk for "critical hits have a chance to engulf weapon in flames"? I can't remember the name of it specifically but it's from a relatively early mission. If you have that one I can try to see where another is.

Uhhhh, no actually.

I got so lost in side content that I never emerged.

Uhhhh, no actually.

I got so lost in side content that I never emerged.

It's in a storyline mission, Tilting the Balance, where you need to go to Offchurch to grab a little bastard of a king. It's in the crypt underground where he's hiding.

I tried a hammer and it's insane. Can't believe I didn't give one a fair shake before.

Walked up to a Zealot like 60 levels over me and the poor fuck spent 80% of the fight on the ground. Only reason I had to stop reaming his ass was because I lit myself on fire bashing his head 30 times with a flaming bludgeon.

Did you guys try out the two handed long sword? I feel like the character from the Berserk Anime! So much fun to use.

Just had my first CTD. Unrelated note, but this game looks fantastic in HDR.

Did you guys try out the two handed long sword? I feel like the character from the Berserk Anime! So much fun to use.
No, but I'd like to try. Too bad I Haven't found a single longsword, or any sword for that matter in the 52 hours I've played so far. I'm certainly not about to start chasing down "gear" icons for a drop of yet another boots.

Back