ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac

though I'm not keeping it because of the lacking performance (which I expected). I was just mainly curious if it would work or not.
That's why in the end I didn't get this board but the Asus VII Impact, because of the M.2 support: Type 2242 (42mm long) PCIe 2.0 x2 vs Type 2280 (80mm long) PCIe 3.0 x4. It was already at it's theoretical limit with an XP941 (if it had 2 lanes).
The newest Samsung SM961, which is the OEM drive of a possible "Samsung 960 Pro", the PCIe 3.0 x4 link limit is also within reach. This goes to show how much of a limiting factor SATA is to improved SSD performance.

But with Samsung's BGA SSD announcement, there may be a good SSD for this board yet, albeit probably two years too late.

Anyone have experience with this motherboard and using intergrated GPU? I'm getting extremely high input lag.

I'm currently using the HDMI port, any chance the DP would reduce some input lag?

Last edited:
It's not the screen with "dynamic this and that" features enabled ? I don't see how this board could cause this though, but it does have that HDMI passthrough thingie.

It's not the screen with "dynamic this and that" features enabled ? I don't see how this board could cause this though, but it does have that HDMI passthrough thingie.
I'm not sure what you mean by "dynamic" screen. Is that a feature in BIOS?

I did try both HDMI ports though. One works (with lag) and one doesn't. I believe the one that doesn't work is the "HDMI in" port.

Most television screens have dynamic contrast, dynamic motion compensation and other "dynamic" stuff. But often, these work by processing a bunch of frames in advance and giving a lot of input lag in the process. Not something you'd notice with video, but you would with a PC.
Some monitors could also have this if there is any technology present that uses some marketing crap to enhance something.

Are you also sure it displays at 60Hz ? Because HDMI can also default to 24 or 30Hz.

Back