Asrock Z490 Aqua

JCNiest5

2[H]4U
Is it worthwhile to get this "only 999 made" motherboard? Ye or Ne? Why or why not? Maybe only as a collector's item and not meant to be used normally.

I don't see an Asrock board of any kind really being a collector's item.

I can understand the case for say, Kingpin cards or EVGA Dark boards being collectors items, as those are sort of like homologation special racecars, with all sorts of extra special sauce, but the Asrock Aqua just seems like an exercise in making the most profitable motherboard.

If you want a Z490 setup, I say buy a more reasonably priced motherboard and actually use it.

Maybe if they only made 10 of them, but with 1k of them I doubt it will ever be more than an overpriced mobo. It will never be an Abit NF7S or DFI lan party.

I dont think it's a collectors item but for sure prestige of having one, I mean if money is no problem, you are looking at the best motherboard in specs and cooling...Also only makes sense if you actually going to watercool the rest of the system.

ASRock, MS,I and the worst of them all, Gigabyte don't cut it for me when building an Intel system. I only go for ASUS boards, always.

Dumb. They all have good boards and bad boards. Asus right now is the current champ of worst support service.

And as for the board, I wouldn't because I think it's pretty ugly and collector's editions aren't very useful in the mobo space imo.

Ignorant. Never had the need for "support", It's not asus, it's the end user that can't read the manual or ends up breaking the board, been using ASUS since 2000, never a single issue. Never!!!

IYO? Clearly you don't have any experience with custom WC loop. Aren't very useful? LOL.

Ouch take it easy there ace. I'm sorry you have never had to RMA a DOA board.

Personally, I like Asus. I've used their RMA support, and actually got a working product back in exchange. That being said, using only Asus isn't my hill to die on, and I've had good luck with other boards.

My personal feelings about not dropping $1k on that motherboard aren't from it not being an Asus one, but rather because it's an afterthought chipset from Intel released with a sub par product. If Rocket Lake comes out and shows that Intel is serious about moving away from Skylake, and it turns out to be a good product, then the Z590 is the board you'd want, not a chipset for Skylake v5.

A few times I came close to clicking the Place Order button. For now, there is no urge. And that's good. LOL!

Z490 is incremental as stated above.
If I made income generating steering content than I'd write off an Aqua and a Maximus Formula with the entire lineup of a water cooling vendor for a VS clip.

Hopefully the cooling vendor will pay me to broadcast the "z490 is nuclear hot and made for oc" mantra.

Dumb. They all have good boards and bad boards. Asus right now is the current champ of worst support service.

And as for the board, I wouldn't because I think it's pretty ugly and collector's editions aren't very useful in the mobo space imo.

I was just thinking that, Asus has good reliable boards but their support could use some help for sure.
All brands have their issues, luckly for me never had any with the Asrock boards I've owned.

Back