Armory Crate Crashing AMD Graphics Driver issues

caseychaos

Limp Gawd
So a few days ago i noticed EVERY game was crashing all of a sudden with Asus Armory Crate installed. No Idea why that would cause problem with the GPU drivers at all. I have a reference 6900xt and was wondering if anyone else was having similar issues with any of the newer drivers and cards? or could it be tied to the RGB function of my 6900xt? ( no software is installed for it )
As soon as i uninstalled Armory crate everything has been fine.

Now that you mention it. I did have issues and didn't know it. I had a reference 6800 that would occasionally crash on an Asus board with Armory Crate but be perfectly solid on other boards.

Now that you mention it. I did have issues and didn't know it. I had a reference 6800 that would occasionally crash on an Asus board with Armory Crate but be perfectly solid on other boards.
ah so its literally just armory crate in general then.
I was concerned it was the RGB on the reference 6900xt ( maybe internal controller or whatever hardware it uses) i didn't have the software installed though.

Yes Armory crate cause a problems, I uninstall it too.
so it seems. gotta love how asus cant make software that just works. i had asked around other places and everyone either uses aura sync or corsair Icue to control the lighting. they all say the same thing about AC being problematic

Yes, my new build was crashing randomly and I traced it to Armoury Crate, however since the latest AGESA 1.2.0.0 I can install Armoury Crate again and the crashes have stopped.

AMD CPU and Nvidia GPU.

The only reason I could see of why someone would want to install something like Armoury Crate is to control LED lighting... and even then, I'd advise against it. I really didn't like the Armory Crate software - its so bloated and has a very crappy interface among many other issues. I elected to just go with a stand alone digital lighting controller module (i.e. a separate piece of hardware that doesn't need my PC to control it) instead of hooking all digital LED interface cables directly into my motherboard. (There were more cables to connect than available MB plugs for them anyway). Granted I can't control/synch *everything* in my system together in just one spot (for example include the LEDs built into my DDR RAM), but I can at least get everything else that is controlled via a digital interface cable all on the same page now without having to muck about with the crappy Armory Crate software. The digital controller was $16 and the needed splitter was $15. Sure does beat having to mess around with and use crappy/flaky/bloated software when trying to wrestle with all the LED lighting in my rig.

Last edited:
The only reason I could see of why someone would want to install something like Armoury Crate is to control LED lighting. And I really didn't like its software - its bloated and has a crappy interface among other issues. I elected to just go with a stand alone lighting controller module instead of hooking all digital LED interface cables directly into my motherboard. (There were more cables to connect than available MB plugs for them anyway). Granted I can't control/synch *everything* in my system together in one spot (like the LEDs built into my RAM), but I can at least get most of the lighting that is controlled via digital interface cables) all on the same page now without having to muck about with the Armory Crate software. The digital controller was $16 and the needed splitter was $15, but it sure does beat having to mess around with and use crappy/flaky/bloated software in trying to wrestle with all the LED lighting in my rig.
I think it's such garbage that I uninstalled it on my laptop and use a separate program someone made to control the fan profiles. Bravo Asus, maybe take some of that cash you get from the suckers buying 1k mobos and invest it into your software suite?

The only reason I could see of why someone would want to install something like Armoury Crate is to control LED lighting... and even then, I'd advise against it. I really didn't like the Armory Crate software - its so bloated and has a very crappy interface among many other issues. I elected to just go with a stand alone digital lighting controller module (i.e. a separate piece of hardware that doesn't need my PC to control it) instead of hooking all digital LED interface cables directly into my motherboard. (There were more cables to connect than available MB plugs for them anyway). Granted I can't control/synch *everything* in my system together in just one spot (for example include the LEDs built into my DDR RAM), but I can at least get everything else that is controlled via a digital interface cable all on the same page now without having to muck about with the crappy Armory Crate software. The digital controller was $16 and the needed splitter was $15. Sure does beat having to mess around with and use crappy/flaky/bloated software when trying to wrestle with all the LED lighting in my rig.
It really is awful. i used to use aura sync and live dash for RGB and my 240 Ryuo AIO with no problems. still had anti cheat flagging them, but that wasnt a big deal.
Armory crate really has just been awful since day 1, only now it either prevents booting or crashes games. I kid you not the next time im going to get a Mobo- im going to grab something with no rgb at all. like the MSI unify for example. all these different softwares for RGB control are a joke and constantly conflict with something.

I think it's such garbage that I uninstalled it on my laptop and use a separate program someone made to control the fan profiles. Bravo Asus, maybe take some of that cash you get from the suckers buying 1k mobos and invest it into your software suite?
Exactly! i really wish there was a single program out there that would take over all the RGB control of every different company's products, and it WOULD JUST WORK. none of this Armorycrate, ICUE, TT RGB, ect ect ect nonsense. One program to RGB them all, but of course thats asking for too much! haha. i know its all about having that "ecosystem" of the same brand products, the least they could do is make it work and not break 15 things.

Exactly! i really wish there was a single program out there that would take over all the RGB control of every different company's products, and it WOULD JUST WORK. none of this Armorycrate, ICUE, TT RGB, ect ect ect nonsense. One program to RGB them all, but of course thats asking for too much! haha. i know its all about having that "ecosystem" of the same brand products, the least they could do is make it work and not break 15 things.
Yep, totally. I would even be fine if they could properly aggregate all their apps into just one that worked really well. I can't recall which brand it was (maybe MSI) that I had to download 2 different programs to control the GPU LEDs because the cards were different generations. It was just ridiculously dumb.

Yep, totally. I would even be fine if they could properly aggregate all their apps into just one that worked really well. I can't recall which brand it was (maybe MSI) that I had to download 2 different programs to control the GPU LEDs because the cards were different generations. It was just ridiculously dumb.
knowing how MS dragon center is massive bloatware, I would say it probably was MSI. only reason i didnt go with MSI on x570, plus the VRM temp mess they got themselves into.

Back