Are you camping out / lining up for an RTX 4090?

Are you camping out / lining up for an RTX 4090?

• Total voters
Well on BestBuy.com the card went directly from "Unavailable" to "Sold Out" at about 6:02am. Never had the option to add to cart. Looks like Bots and Scalpers are going to win this round again.
yup, scalpers won :(

1665580415774.png

Was hoping the Nvidia store would sell the 4090 FE direct, but they just pass through/link to the BestBuy site. Guess I’ll be waiting a few weeks for resupply once the demand has settled a bit… and it sounds like supply is much stronger this time around, so I don’t expect a repeat of the 3090 fiasco. Already have the EKWB block for the FE ordered, so sticking with it.

Last edited:
Nothing left.
It shows a few different ones left for me. One regular-looking MSI one for $1650, and a few of the fancy high end ones for more like $1800 to $2000.

It's sold out in the handful of places I looked today, but I bet there's more stock within a week or two.

Microcenter here shows 4 models still. The Tuf OC, Gigabyte gaming OC and 2 Zotac models.

However many Strix cards they had are gone already which is surprising. That Rog tax is high.

"A GPU-tracking service called Falcodrin Stock Alerts(Opens in a new window) publicly circulated a link(Opens in a new window) on Twitter and Discord minutes before 6 a.m that would allow any user to immediately enter the digital queue for the product on Best Buy."

Sorry.. .I love tech, and hardware.. maybe I'm not [H].. but camping out for a GPU is absolutely nuts..

*edit*

I recall the wife asking me one time in previous years if I wanted to go out for Black Friday shopping.. That earned a "F no" for answer lol
🤣

when i woke up all the founders editions sold out. i had an Asus in my cart. decided not to get one since i want a founders this time. Now i a may just wait till the 4090ti.

I recall the wife asking me one time in previous years if I wanted to go out for Black Friday shopping.. That earned a "F no" for answer lol
🤣
Did it once with a girl I was dating. It was hilarious. People brawling over crockpots and towels.

I did a midnight release for the OG World of Warcraft and TBC. It was pretty lame. You could tell who were the hardcore raiders, and who weren't. XD

So, from previous posts in this thread you may know that I was planning on going to the MN MicroCenter at 7AM today - goal was STRIX or bust (FE was plan B). Ended up getting up at around 5AM and after reading about the MSI drops selling out fast I decided to just make my way over there earlier. Kissed my wife and left her with the kids - grabbed a Starbucks - and headed over. Had a great time hanging with fellow nerds just BS'in. Found out they had about 100 cards. There were only about 25 ahead of us (with some folks there since 6PM the previous night - only 10 people ahead of me, mind you). But hey - it's fun.

Net result - luckily I went early because the last STRIX sold about 4 people behind me. The $1599.99 TUF sold out, first. Then the STRIX. After that - I was gone. They had a lot of cards.

I thought my Lian Li 011 Air Mini could fit the ASUS STRIX OC GeForce RTX 4090 - no go. Even with a microATX build to keep rads away from the front. Had to remove a fan:
IMG_9020.jpg

The other problem was the NVIDIA-branded 4 prong adapter had 1 of the prongs that I had to fiddle with (bend pins) in order to get it to connect to my 8 pin power. I can't wait to get Corsair's adapter when it's back in stock.

IMG_9024.jpg

Build is now complete with the RTX 4090 added in. I still have some Noctua industrial fans I will likely add in since I lost a fan fitting in the card.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X CPU
32GB G.Skill 6000MHz / 30 CL (F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR) DDR5 Memory
ASUS X670E Crosshair GENE microATX Motherboard
ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC Edition Graphics Card
NZXT X63 280MM AIO
WD SN850X 4TB NVME SSD
Corsair AX1600i PSU
Lian Li 011 AIR MINI case

So, from previous posts in this thread you may know that I was planning on going to the MN MicroCenter at 7AM today - goal was STRIX or bust (FE was plan B). Ended up getting up at around 5AM and after reading about the MSI drops selling out fast I decided to just make my way over there earlier. Kissed my wife and left her with the kids - grabbed a Starbucks - and headed over. Had a great time hanging with fellow nerds just BS'in. Found out they had about 100 cards. There were only about 25 ahead of us (with some folks there since 6PM the previous night - only 10 people ahead of me, mind you). But hey - it's fun.

Net result - luckily I went early because the last STRIX sold about 4 people behind me. The $1599.99 TUF sold out, first. Then the STRIX. After that - I was gone. They had a lot of cards.

I thought my Lian Li 011 Air Mini could fit the ASUS STRIX OC GeForce RTX 4090 - no go. Even with a microATX build to keep rads away from the front. Had to remove a fan:
View attachment 517871

The other problem was the NVIDIA-branded 4 prong adapter had 1 of the prongs that I had to fiddle with (bend pins) in order to get it to connect to my 8 pin power. I can't wait to get Corsair's adapter when it's back in stock.

View attachment 517872

Build is now complete with the RTX 4090 added in. I still have some Noctua industrial fans I will likely add in since I lost a fan fitting in the card.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X CPU
NZXT X63 280MM AIO
WD SN850X 4TB NVME SSD
Corsair AX1600i PSU
Lian Li 011 AIR MINI case
so Jelly, nice going

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X CPU
NZXT X63 280MM AIO
WD SN850X 4TB NVME SSD
For how the general recent talk not so long ago of hardware stagnation versus the days of the no-video card Pentium 60mhz released in 1993 to the Pentium 3ghz in 2004 with a 6800 Ultra.

That quite impressive, 5 years ago a
2754ST-13789MT passmark 8700K CPU
Nice 3200 DDR4 32 GB kit
1080TI

Would have been a beast machine and because of the 1080TI jump would have been considered an impressive jump versus a 2015 best PC.

That a 4348ST-64459MT passmark CPU, with 3 time the GPU without going into RT-DLSS stuff (under certain metric 8x time the GPU) almost twice the memory and harddrive bandwith.

Last 5 years that started with the Ryzen launch has been a good era on the raw performance side.

A few weeks ago: "Nvidia wants to push out AIBs because FE's sell for the highest margin."
Today: "Nvidia only made a small amount of FE's so they can push AIB cards at higher margins."

Can't keep up.

I would have preferred a 4090 FE but managed to get an MSI Gaming Trio via BB and used the 10% off for cardholders coupon floating around. Paid less than $100 more for my 4090 than my 3090 FE in 2020, even after tax it came in under MSRP. Now to find a waterblock..

Got a 4090 from Microcenter on launch day. I arrived at the the store around 8:30 and there were about 40 in front at that point. That store normally opens at 10 but they started letting people in just a couple of minutes before 9. I feel like its cause everyone on line was glued to their phones seeing if they could pick up an FE from Best Buy.
Strixes were sold out but they seemed to have plenty of everything else, I ended up with the ASUS TUF. Still missing EVGA though.

Got a 4090 from Microcenter on launch day. I arrived at the the store around 8:30 and there were about 40 in front at that point. That store normally opens at 10 but they started letting people in just a couple of minutes before 9. I feel like its cause everyone on line was glued to their phones seeing if they could pick up an FE from Best Buy.
Strixes were sold out but they seemed to have plenty of everything else, I ended up with the ASUS TUF. Still missing EVGA though.
Nothing special about the strixes this time around, wonder why it is still so popular.

Back