Are you camping out / lining up for an RTX 4090?

Are you camping out / lining up for an RTX 4090?

• Total voters
Curious the scalper market on these new cards. If stock is plentiful, or at least only back-ordered a couple weeks and replenished, then the scalper market will be non-existent, which is great.

And people looking for an "affordable" card can pick up a 3080 Ti for a good price, probably like $600.

Not a chance. I firmly believe once Ampere supply is sold, 4090 will drop to 1199 and the 4090Ti will slot in its place.

1665541568335.png

1665541811355.png

I’ll be at my MicroCenter in MN at 7am to try my luck. STRIX or bust. After that - FE at BBY.

Reactions: erek
like this
There's no reason to believe (at this time) that you won't be able to get one at launch. Kyle already pointed out that this launch should be the most stock available in recent times due to several factors. Less demand is probably chief among them. The fact that Nvidia has a contract they were unable to alter with TSMC is another. There should be plenty of GPUs available.

If the 4090 doesn't strike your fancy, then the 4080 16GB is coming in a few weeks.

like this
There's no reason to believe (at this time) that you won't be able to get one at launch. Kyle already pointed out that this launch should be the most stock available in recent times due to several factors. Less demand is probably chief among them. The fact that Nvidia has a contract they were unable to alter with TSMC is another. There should be plenty of GPUs available.

If the 4090 doesn't strike your fancy, then the 4080 16GB is coming in a few weeks.
Hoping, got my BBY account all updated and stuff

Hoping, got my BBY account all updated and stuff

I would think that the FE is going to be the hardest one to score initially, but if you can wait a month or so, should be readily available. Who knows though? Might be a lot of FE cards that no one wants due to lower clocks and lower power vbios.

fhhd7hogvat91.jpg

Apperently, California micro center 9 hours before opening door, everything seem out of stock on newegg....

like this
View attachment 517751

Apperently, California micro center 9 hours before opening door, everything seem out of stock on newegg....
What nimcumfuckingpoops. I'm 5min from there but no way I could be bothered, except to down the line slapping and then backhanding - either one at a time individually, or all together in one shot.

Why would it be in stock at Newegg? They don't release until tomorrow the 12th...
Not sure the out of stock tag make much sense for an yet to be released and never sold item, but people seem that they placed orders in some place ? People on the reddit were pointing that they were available on an Amazon MSI and Zotac store page for a while, could be false

Not sure the out of stock tag make much sense for an yet to be released and never sold item, but people seem that they placed orders in some place ? People on the reddit were pointing that they were available on an Amazon MSI and Zotac store page for a while, could be false
Pre-order pages were intermittently live, but a lot of people that checked out were getting their orders auto-canned. I wouldn't worry about the reddit dorks.

I wanted to swing by MC before work this morning to see the lines but hell with it. Too far out the way.

FEs musta dropped early and are instantly sold out?! Scalpers win?

1665575764475.png

They aren't actually sold out. You have to start smashing F5 precisely at 9AM and wait for the yellow "Add to Cart" button to appear. Trust me. I snagged a 3090 from Best Buy two years ago. I don't think it will be a Herculean task today. 😉

About 100 here now - MN MC. 25 or so in front and here’s the back.

Rumor is they have 100 cards, 17 STRIX.

510F970E-87A5-464F-B013-64ACCC288DCC.jpeg

It will be interesting to see how many of them actually leave with cards... hopefully all of them.

Unreal. I’m guessing this week there will be some scalping then. It blows my mind that people came wait for anything non essential like a gpu.
It’s fun, man. I never get to talk to nerds IRL. Time has flown by.

It’s fun, man. I never get to talk to nerds IRL. Time has flown by.
Well for the nerd community at large , and I consider myself a member, this part I understand.

Maybe 20 years and no kids ago I’d be up for it for something I really wanted or just for the experience.

Well on BestBuy.com the card went directly from "Unavailable" to "Sold Out" at about 6:02am. Never had the option to add to cart. Looks like Bots and Scalpers are going to win this round again.

Back