Are you camping out / lining up for an RTX 4090?

Are you camping out / lining up for an RTX 4090?

• Total voters

erek

[H]F Junkie
Anyone setting up camp already outside their BestBuys, etc in preparation for the 4090?

Absolutely not, Until the price of that thing drops to $1100ish, I won't even consider it. I remember when top tier cards would cost $499 or so.
think it's gonna get scooped up and scalped by the Next-Gen / refined bots?

Rumor is that they have insane amounts of quantity on the 4090, even NV doesnt think it will be sold out day one. I think anyone that wants to blow the money will easily be able to get one.

Rumor is that they have insane amounts of quantity on the 4090, even NV doesnt think it will be sold out day one. I think anyone that wants to blow the money will easily be able to get one.
Hmm, hoping so

I totally think these 4000 series cards will be easily available @ MSRP. We shall see lol.

The one and only time I camped out for something was last year when GPU's were so hard to get.
I don't plan on camping out ever again for anything in the future.

IMG_1621.JPEG

are we forced as regular consumers to buy a bot to secure a 4090 at launch?

Wait in line? No.

I am probably going to buy it on day one (online), but not before the embargo lifts and I am able to check out the reviews. If I'm going to drop this much on a videocard then not only do I want to make 100% sure that I think the performance is worth it, but I also want to make sure that I choose the right card. I really like the look and size of the Founders Edition, but I want to see how it stacks up against some of the more elaborate AIB cooler designs. It sounds like there could be a lot of overclocking headroom and if there is a massive difference between cards then I'd like to know. Plus, I don't even know if Best Buy is going to sell the Founders Edition online or in-store pickup only. I will probably use this card for 4+ years so if I have to wait a few more days or even weeks in order to make an informed choice then so be it.

I'm not doing the Oliver Twist thing.

If I somehow end up with one, it will depend on both reviews, and what pre-blocked versions are available (hoping to get something with a slightly smaller footprint than the 3090 with optimus block I currently have so I can actually put my side panel back on).

I'll order something online. There is going to be more than enough stock to go around.

I have a 3080, so hopefully not upgrading for a long time. Plus, I am not really interested in newer games.

Reactions: pug71
like this
i forgot about the taxes on a $1600 card :( will push close $2000 out the door :( :(

I'm just going to order from Nvidia website prob. Are they next day delivery in UK?

also, what case has the width to accommodate the card. My current zotac 3090 can just about fit it but the side panel won't go on with the power connector installed with a 4090.

I'm just going to order from Nvidia website prob. Are they next day delivery in UK?

also, what case has the width to accommodate the card. My current zotac 3090 can just about fit it but the side panel won't go on with the power connector installed with a 4090.
Full towers mostly.

i suspect with mining being worthless that these aren't going to fly off shelves.

i suspect with mining being worthless that these aren't going to fly off shelves.
The amount of people who couldn't get hold of 3080's or 3090's until the last 6 months they may just held off for these.

Well, that's what I'm telling myself to validate me getting one on day 1

EDIT: I just watched a video of the 4090 Strix and FE and the Strix definitely won't fit in my case, the FE is probably won't either, they are soooooo long.

Corsair 680X has the width.
IMG_3088.JPEG

Last edited:
The amount of people who couldn't get hold of 3080's or 3090's until the last 6 months they may just held off for these.

Well, that's what I'm telling myself to validate me getting one on day 1
That's what I thought and they had the required 2yrs or so to save up for the price tag.

Not me. My trust 3070 Strix is doing the job just fine at 1440. Pretty much all I play anymore is COD (until Dead Space remake comes out) and I'm getting 130+ FPS in that (with DLSS) so I'm good.

I can already imagine people calling the 4090 a failure if it stays in-stock on launch day.

Heck no. I've never wanted any new technology enough to be willing to camp out to get it. This isn't going to be a day one order for me either. Need to see how benchmarks look, particularly ray tracing. Then I have to check dimensions on the various cards and see if they'll fit in my case, which I kinda doubt. If it is just insanely good for the games I want, maybe I'll get a bigger case to deal with it, but likely I'll just keep my 3090.

I'm the kind of crazy person that always wants the latest and greatest, but this may be a step too far for me. I don't exactly have a small case and I'm not really sure I want one that is a lot bigger. I also don't really want to move all my shit over to a new case just for a GPU.

So I'll wait and see. I'll decide later on if I want to upgrade. Maybe that'll screw me and I'll never be able to get one but between supply chains getting back to a more normal state, the crypto crash, and Ethereum switching to proof of stake, I feel like it probably will be reasonably available if I decide to buy one later.

If I don’t get a 4090 on launch day, it’s fine. Im not paying scalper prices. I will wait patiently to obtain one.
That's the approach I'm taking as well. If I have the opportunity to get one that's fine, if not I'll wait.

Back