Are there earbuds that sound as good as my Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 Ohm ?

IAmForum

Weaksauce
I was wondering if there are earbuds that would sound as good as my

Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 Ohm​

via my Sound BlasterX g5 USB external sound card

I only game....

for $120 or less

thx

Yes and no.

Depends on your ears, not just your hearing ability, but also the shape, inside and out. But generally speaking, yes, you could probably find some (really expensive) earbuds that sound as good or better than those BDs.

Best earbuds I've ever tried: Sony WF-1000XM4. Don't know if they'd match your DT770, but they sound damn good. Sadly, at least for me, I've never found a set of earbuds that will stay in my ears without some kind of earhook.

you gotta watch out for Earbuds for gaming, as they USUALLY have a delay. some have a significant delay over 500ms.

you gotta watch out for Earbuds for gaming, as they USUALLY have a delay. some have a significant delay over 500ms.
Bluetooth will be extremely laggy unless the low latency protocol is used - and that doesn't work out of the box with Windows.

there are plenty of really good IEMs around $100. check some yt reviews, im sure youll find something.

If you are after earbuds that have similar sound signature to DT770 then look for IEMs that are known to attempt to follow the Harman Target curve. They usually have slightly elevated and deep extending bass and forward upper mids/lower treble. I do not do earbuds/IEMs but Samsung Galaxy Buds+ is one example that I can think of from the top of my head. I do not know how well it works for gaming, how low is the latency etc.

The standard BT connection is way too laggy even to watch a movie let alone fast action gaming

There are plenty of $40-60 IEM's available that will beat the crap out of some fairly expensive headphones. However, you don't want anything using bluetooth as the connection - As mentioned, it adds latency, and you aren't getting the source resolution since BT converts to a lossy format.

I only was considering wired earbuds. There is no way I would use a BT earbuds for gaming.
a word of warning: Prolonged use of earbuds is one of the most common reasons for hearing damage. It's very easy to play them at dangerously high levels due to their nature.

hmmmm....
that is good to know.
Yeah, not sure about Android, but on all Apple products they added in a thing that actively shows dangerous DB levels while audio is playing. It's pretty useful. I've surprised myself how easy it is to get to damaging levels.

1639760323476.png

bt line stopped working so now youre on to listening volume. how about you just answer what the op asked?!?! ffs

Reactions: Tobit
like this
View attachment 422851

bt line stopped working so now youre on to listening volume. how about you just answer what the op asked?!?! ffs
We already did. There's a shit ton of cheap IEM's on Amazon he can choose from, as I mentioned up above. Type 'IEM' in Amazon and make a selection. How about you answer the OP's question instead of posting useless images?

We already did. There's a shit ton of cheap IEM's on Amazon he can choose from, as I mentioned up above. How about you answer the OP's question instead of posting useless images?
i suggested iems days ago and then the thread went retarded.

Yeah, not sure about Android, but on all Apple products they added in a thing that actively shows dangerous DB levels while audio is playing. It's pretty useful. I've surprised myself how easy it is to get to damaging levels.
That setting is useless and annoying. The volume of earbuds depends on more then just the amplitude of the phone signal. I find it particularly annoying when I'm plugging it into speakers and its bugging me about turning it up. Damaging levels are not know by your phone

That setting is useless and annoying. The volume of earbuds depends on more then just the amplitude of the phone signal. I find it particularly annoying when I'm plugging it into speakers and its bugging me about turning it up. Damaging levels are not know by your phone
When you’re using Bluetooth headphones where you can’t change the volume independently it is accurate.

When you’re using Bluetooth headphones where you can’t change the volume independently it is accurate.
I'm still not convinced. Using wired earbuds the volume can vary drastically between different pairs. I see no reason it wouldn't be the same for bt earbuds. The volume of earbuds isnt calibrated to the signal strength across different earbuds.

However most phones normally do let you alter that setting to whatever range you want so you could calibrate it if desired.

I'm still not convinced. Using wired earbuds the volume can vary drastically between different pairs. I see no reason it wouldn't be the same for bt earbuds. The volume of earbuds isnt calibrated to the signal strength across different earbuds.

However most phones normally do let you alter that setting to whatever range you want so you could calibrate it if desired.
Well, my experience with Bluetooth buds/headphones where the volume is only controlled in iOS - Where I have the slider set in iOS is basically the same volume across all these devices.

LOL....
IEM = In Ear Monitor
I never even knew that class of earbud existed.

is this somewhat equivalent to "Studio Headphones" ?

THX so much for the info.....

LOL....
IEM = In Ear Monitor
I never even knew that class of earbud existed.

is this somewhat equivalent to "Studio Headphones" ?

THX so much for the info.....
Yeah, earbuds is basically the marketing term that was created for crappier consumer IEMs. Even a $50 IEM will blow most things away. The reason they are cheaper but provide better quality is that they are uglier and are bigger - but who cares.

Personally, I prefer an open back planar magnetic headphone for gaming, but for the money you can’t beat a Chinese IEM.

Would these be a good choice ?

Linsoul KZ ZS10 Pro 4BA+1DD 5 Driver​

seem decent and they are upgradable. this guy likes them and has a list of acc.
only complaint i keeps seeing is that the cable isnt labeled so you have to figure out L/R

OK.
I listened to music, and I played Hunt Showdown (which is why I bought them).
I tried ALOT of tweaking with my BlasterX G5 equalizer, and these IEM's sounded pretty lousy.

The Linsoul KZ ZS10 Pro 4BA+1DD 5
sounded very light & tinny (SP), and they had little to no low frequency.
They were so catered to the high frequency that they actually became uncomfortable to wear.
I am returning them today.
I compared them to my
https://www.amazon.com/Symphonized-Headphones-Noise-isolating-Earphones-Balanced/dp/B01D3QZB2Y
and the Symphonized NRG 3.0 sounded richer and more balanced.

I hope they were just defective, and this was not a true example of how these IEM's are supposed to sound.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
OK.
I listened to music, and I played Hunt Showdown (which is why I bought them).
I tried ALOT of tweaking with my BlasterX G5 equalizer, and these IEM's sounded pretty lousy.

The Linsoul KZ ZS10 Pro 4BA+1DD 5
sounded very light & tinny (SP), and they had little to no low frequency.
They were so catered to the high frequency that they actually became uncomfortable to wear.
I am returning them today.
I compared them to my
https://www.amazon.com/Symphonized-Headphones-Noise-isolating-Earphones-Balanced/dp/B01D3QZB2Y
and the Symphonized NRG 3.0 sounded richer and more balanced.

I hope they were just defective, and this was not a true example of how these IEM's are supposed to sound.
your sb might be messing with them or theyre are duds as that seems opposite of everything i saw. play with them a bit, try other sources maybe.

your sb might be messing with them or theyre are duds as that seems opposite of everything i saw. play with them a bit, try other sources maybe.
I also tried my onboard sound for my Asus Tuf Gaming B550 Plus (SupremeFX S1220A).
It sounded pretty much the same for either sound card.
Yet my BD DT770 Pro / HyperX Cloud Alpha / Symphonized NRG 3.0 all sounded fine.

I figured they must be duds (faulty). I cannot see anyone paying $50 for headphones that sounded like they did.
I admit that I am no audiophile, but I have 8 different models of earbuds & 4 Circumaural headphone models.

The Linsoul sounded very clear & crisp, it is just that they lacked lower frequencies.

for ex: In Hunt Showdown....listening to dynamite sounded more like a firecracker.....still had a bang but it was missing ALOT of the punch

I have 8 different models of earbuds & 4 Circumaural headphone models.
lol not sure why you need more then. im sure something you had would have been fine. i like the looks of the ones you linked, i think the wooden ones sound real nice.

I have alot of kids, so I have keep replacing what they lose / break.
Finding a great set of headphones and not paying a fortune is fun for me.

I did get tired of looking and went with the BD DT770 Pro, because I just wanted a great pair of headphones.
Finding a "great" pair of earbuds and not paying a fortune was next on my list of things.....

Besides....I figure I can assume that most of us on this forum love tech....and have more than we actually need....of certain things.....

Just in case I can help someone not waste their money. These are some of the headphones I own.

beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm​

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0016MNAAI/ref=twister_B07H5HM6F6?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
are AWESOME - super comfortable & they sound fantastic (when I set the BlasterX G5 to use the High gain)
no regrets

Skullcandy Ink'd+ Wireless In-Ear Earbud​

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R2LKRFQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
very happy with the sound & comfort level for only $30

1MORE E1009-SV Piston Fit in-Ear Earphones​

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KPYI0YS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I would not even pay $10 for these !

Panasonic ErgoFit Earbud Headphones​

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E4LGVUO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
These are good inexpensive headphones when you want to listen to something when trying to sleep.

sephia SP3060 Earbuds​

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0170RBJ9Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I would not even pay $5 for these !

Sony MDREX15AP In-Ear Earbud Headphones​

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JGZH5GW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I might pay $10 for these.

Betron DC950 Earbuds​

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LB01FNO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I might pay $5 for these.

Reactions: Nobu
like this
Your question is near impossible to answer. Only you can determine what sounds good or bad. Everyone has different taste and interpretation of sound in ear phones and ear buds. Don't take someone's else opinion in making your own. Unfortunately you have to audition the ear buds to determine that for yourself. Been there done that.

IEMs that sound really good can be had in all kinds of price ranges…. However, unlike over the ear headphones or earbuds, the fit and especially the seal inside of your outer ear canal is especially important. Without a proper fit and seal, almost all IEMs will sound like crap. I’m surprised you thought the KZ ZS10 Pros were light on bass, because they have a very pronounced “V” type sound curve - exaggerated bass and treble. I find their bass VERY solid and deep/clean/fast. Without a proper seal though, they will sound like dogshit. I suspect you were not wearing them right - they come with different sized tips and you need to size them properly for a good seal for your ears. They cannot rest on your ears like earbuds do - they must fit into and seal with your outer ear canal. The also only fit properly in one orientation to each ear and you have to get them hooked to the correct side of the cable pins (easy to plug the right earpiece into the left cable pin plug and vice versa for example if you aren’t paying attention.). Pretty easy to accidentally wear them on the wrong ear as well as inserting them upside down by mistake if you aren’t familiar with how to fit them.

On the inexpensive IEM end of the spectrum, I’ve found that BLON-BL3 with upgraded tips (roughly $35 on Amazon) are very hard to beat when it comes to IEMs that sound great and are very pleasing to listen to no matter what genre of music. The KZ ZS10 Pros are also impressive, very detailed, but like I mentioned, have a somewhat bass and treble forward sound signature that leaves the mids in the background. (Great for rock though).

I’ve been very impressed with Thie Audio… but they tend to get a bit pricier. The Thie Audio Legacy 3‘s for example run around $120, but the fit and especially the sound are fantastic - comparable to and IMHO, better than Moondrop Starfields. I recently picked up a pair of Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusks as well, also very impressed with them - probably the best overall performing/sounding IEMs I own.

Bottom line, there are tons of great IEMs out there, just like headphones. My advice is to find a pair you really like at roughly the $50 mark and then explore others with a similar sound signatures based on reviews if you want to get into higher end models/brands. IEMs are highly personal and subjective - but to me a least, offer sound quality that blows the doors off most headphones and EVERY earbud I’ve ever tried.

I am surprised the suggesting something this inexpensive, I have been amazingly satisfied with the MPOW X3 earbuds. I have the exact same DT 770 headphones you mentioned. These are not as good, but they do pretty nicely. They are bass heavy. You will want to use something that gives you an equalizer option to adjust that. If you do a search, you'll find them on closeout at Walmart for $22. Other people are right about latency. That will occur with any Bluetooth headphones/earbuds.

Back