ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 Intel AMD AIO CPU Water Cooler PC B-Stock $54.99 EBAY

Mine are normally very quiet. I have a fan I need to replace that's failing, otherwise, it's not severe. I hardly notice they are even running normally. I do have them in a full tower, and exhausting the waste heat up and out of the chassis. The 140's are quiet compared to the 120's I've had on other AIO coolers
That's the thing though, I want to get a air cooled GPU, something like a 6800XT, and it would blow air UP, so it wouldn't make sense for me to mount the CPU radiator on top, the GPU would just blow hot air right into it, so it would have to me mounted in front of my case. But then I could probably hear it more then if it was mounted on top or the back of the case. I have a HAF 922 (vintage) case and I'd like to leave the 200mm fan on top.

That's the thing though, I want to get a air cooled GPU, something like a 6800XT, and it would blow air UP, so it wouldn't make sense for me to mount the CPU radiator on top, the GPU would just blow hot air right into it, so it would have to me mounted in front of my case. But then I could probably hear it more then if it was mounted on top or the back of the case. I have a HAF 922 (vintage) case and I'd like to leave the 200mm fan on top.
There is no reason why you can't front mount the coolers and have the waste heat from the radiator dump out the front, but you're still gonna pull the heat from the Board and Video Card that direction even if you have a top mounted fan. The Top mounted AIO just seems to work better for me because I pull cool air in the front, and all the waste heat is dumped out the back and top.

Heat Rises, naturally, and pulling that though the radiator on my chassis has never been an issue for the cooling of the processor for me.

Might want to look at something like a Corsair D7000 (IIRC) It's like a 300 dollar chassis, lets you side mount (and exhaust) a radiator, in addition to top mount and front mounting one (possibly shove one in the Power Supply area).

I mulled it over, but went with another cheapo for my next build (much like my old Rosewill RISE, but less headroom on the top of the chassis... That case cannot be bought affordably any longer and it had provision for Top or bottom mounted Power supplies... I have the 280 Mounted topside with 4 FANS in the Blowswill chassis).

Next build goes in my new cheese tower. 100 bucks for the GameMax Full Tower for 1/3 the price of the corsair and most of the features.

Attachments

• 3CB871D2-7F98-4EE8-9D39-FA7A5BA83F2B.png
    3CB871D2-7F98-4EE8-9D39-FA7A5BA83F2B.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 0
Any recommended case for this AIO (top mounted) besides the phanteks p500a? Under $150 would be nice. Z690 atx motherboard

Any recommended case for this AIO (top mounted) besides the phanteks p500a? Under $150 would be nice. Z690 atx motherboard
I top mounted into a Corsair 5000d airflow. The rad is thicker than most, so the fans need to be mounted through the case. Fans, case, rad. Looks fine though as the 5000d was setup to do this and still conceals the fans.

Seems it would work in most anything. Does anyone happen to know if the Arctic LF2 AIO (assuming at least 240 or 280, but in my case 360mm+) is still the best performance AIO around? It used to be that it was better than many of the others that were typical Asetek rebrands (ie corsair, NZXT , many other AIOs...not sure about EKWB) in that the Arctic had both a stronger pump and thicker rad than just about anything else? In any case, I'm sure its still a good value but I am curious how the Liquid Frozr 2 AIO stacks up to other AIO options now, especially when trying to cool a powerful AM5 socket proc.

Seems it would work in most anything. Does anyone happen to know if the Arctic LF2 AIO (assuming at least 240 or 280, but in my case 360mm+) is still the best performance AIO around? It used to be that it was better than many of the others that were typical Asetek rebrands (ie corsair, NZXT , many other AIOs...not sure about EKWB) in that the Arctic had both a stronger pump and thicker rad than just about anything else? In any case, I'm sure its still a good value but I am curious how the Liquid Frozr 2 AIO stacks up to other AIO options now, especially when trying to cool a powerful AM5 socket proc.

There may be ones that can compete since it did come out more than two and a half years ago and there's a lot of new product on the market.
But if you're trying to compare them, you have to make sure you at least equalize the fans on them.
Changing the stock LFII fans to some powerful 3000 RPM Noctua fans (120mm or 140mm) can knock off 6-8C off the temps.

I found the Eisbaer Extreme 280 AIO isn't that far behind, the LFII 360 (the rad itself seems to take up the same mounting space despite being smaller) as it has a larger overall plate, but only if you are using 2x140mm Noctua fans on it, rather than the stock ones.

Even a lower end 420mm+ custom loop will beat the LFII 420 though.

A custom 420mm loop doesn't only cost $75 refurbished on ebay though. For the cost it's ridiculously good.

I'm pretty damn happy with my ACLF2 420mm considering that I paid the same amount for a high end Air Cooler a few years prior and the ACLF2 is quieter, cooler and easier to install*.

*In my case at least.

Damn, missed this. Hopefully there will be another run of refurb'd 280mm or 360mm sometime soon.

Does this just have the one 4 pin fan power connector? For both fans and the radiator? I’m used to two for Corsair.

My radiator went - finally had a build to use this and the radiator is dead. :(

EDIT: maybe it’s just the 7700X, lol. Temps hit 105 - Kryonaut and this AIO. No throttling though. Typical temps during AIDA64 stress test are around high to mid-90s.

EDIT2: pic
aida64_cpu_stress_01082023.png

EDIT3: not ashamed to show that it was a F up on my part initially - fan curve issue on the Taichi (heat was crazy and smelled like burning plastic - but it was stable!) - too conservative. All fixed in BIOS!

EDIT4: even more of a moron! Serves me right - lifetime Corsair and NZXT AIO guy - had the fans blowing out against two large 200mm intake fans blowing in. LOL. With no arrows on fans I am a total tard...anyway figured it all out and temps are grand!!!!!!!

Last edited:
They will probably show up again. I got in on the $49 deal and it was a steal honestly. Works great and came with everything I needed.

Have been keeping an eye out but no luck. Went with a Noctua NH-D15 for now, definitely still want to scoop up a 280 or 360 if one of the B-Stock runs becomes available again. I'm guessing it's somewhat periodic after they get enough returns/refurbs?

Have been keeping an eye out but no luck. Went with a Noctua NH-D15 for now, definitely still want to scoop up a 280 or 360 if one of the B-Stock runs becomes available again. I'm guessing it's somewhat periodic after they get enough returns/refurbs?
Honestly I don’t recall it happening before this time. They had them available for the better part of a few months and even reduced the price to $49 once when I bought it.

Honestly I don’t recall it happening before this time. They had them available for the better part of a few months and even reduced the price to $49 once when I bought it.

All good! I ported two systems over to a case that favors air-cooling this time around anyhow. Probably would have went with a different case if I managed to grab two Arctic LF II's of some sort, but I'm happy with the NH-D15's!

You will likely not see this again. The units that were B Stock were refurbished units that had a flaw in the design and were corrected. I would not sit around expecting to see another deal like this anytime soon. I saw the price, and it was an instant purchase. Gives me a spare / and or another kickass build option for another system in the future. But 120 bucks is still a good price for this unit. It's amazingly good on all CPUs (especially on my 13900K allowing me to sustain very high clocks for long periods of time).

You will likely not see this again. The units that were B Stock were refurbished units that had a flaw in the design and were corrected. I would not sit around expecting to see another deal like this anytime soon. I saw the price, and it was an instant purchase. Gives me a spare / and or another kickass build option for another system in the future. But 120 bucks is still a good price for this unit. It's amazingly good on all CPUs (especially on my 13900K allowing me to sustain very high clocks for long periods of time).
Ah, makes sense, I appreciate the insight. Oh well!

Yes, and on the AMD side - they have an offset mount!!! Mounts perfectly to help with the CCDs on AM5!

Yes, and on the AMD side - they have an offset mount!!! Mounts perfectly to help with the CCDs on AM5!
No issues with AM4, AM5, LGA1700. It's probably the best damn AIO Liquid cooler out there. And the Pump fan is not a gimmick, it actually cools your VRMs. I have mine in Push/Pull. Been very happy with it. It sustains 5.6+ Ghz all the time on my 13900K.

It's also quiet, even with me running my fans at Max Speed.

Back