Apple Watch LTE

marshac

American Hero
The wife got her Apple Watch with LTE the other day- after reading the early reviews I was pretty sure it was going to suck. It’s actually really great. First, setup onto T-Mobile was done within the app- activation took about 15 seconds and I didn’t even have to talk to anyone. Once the Watch was activated we got her Bluetooth earbuds paired and she was good to go- music, phone, messaging, etc. For jogging it’s pretty much what everyone has always wanted. Battery life was another area of low expectations- one review mentioned a 16 hour battery life. Not great, but usable- the thing is though that by 9pm (15 hours) the Watch was still at 76%. Overall she has been really happy with it.

Mine is still backoedered and won’t be here until the end of October

Thanks for sharing. I have been reading a lot of reviews about them and I am really considering getting one this holiday season. I never really liked the Apple Watch before because I would have had to keep my iPhone in my back pocket, but this changes that.

FYI if you have a family plan on ATT, the watch counts towards your 10 line limit. Example, if you have 10 phones numbers already, you will be unable to add the LTE watch even though it’s the same number. Apparently ATT assigns it a different number internally and forwards the calls to it.

FYI if you have a family plan on ATT, the watch counts towards your 10 line limit. Example, if you have 10 phones numbers already, you will be unable to add the LTE watch even though it’s the same number. Apparently ATT assigns it a different number internally and forwards the calls to it.

Same for TMo with DIGITS in terms of a phone number. It doesn’t count as a line, but as a mobile device.

I have had mine for a week or so. It is a lot better than the earlier gens IMO.
Notifications can still be a bit hit or miss, but overall it is not sluggish like the earlier gens and the battery life has been insane so far for me (Whole day and I usually end the day with ~70%).

I finally got mine last week- so far it's better than my previous android or samsung watches. LTE works really well, and at the end of the day my battery is about 75%. My wife just got back today from jogging for about two hours- streaming audio to her bluetooth headphones and using the Nike app- battery was 68% when she got back home. For me, I only need a podcast app and Audible and I'll bet one happy camper.

My girlfriend got hers last week, also T-Mobile, setup was a breeze. She's been using it religiously, daily. Battery life is probably near 60% or so by the time she goes to bed, so the battery life is fantastic. She's mainly been using it for texting via voice input and monitoring steps/heart rate. They had a great deal for T-Mobile, where if we got iPhone 8's, the first three months of the Watch were on them.

My girlfriend got hers last week, also T-Mobile, setup was a breeze. She's been using it religiously, daily. Battery life is probably near 60% or so by the time she goes to bed, so the battery life is fantastic. She's mainly been using it for texting via voice input and monitoring steps/heart rate. They had a great deal for T-Mobile, where if we got iPhone 8's, the first three months of the Watch were on them.

You don't need to buy a phone- any iWatch will get you three months free. I bought mine from Apple- 3mo free.

I hope more LTE capable aps come out- so many aps still need the phone to work. It's new though, so hopefully soon...

You don't need to buy a phone- any iWatch will get you three months free. I bought mine from Apple- 3mo free.

I hope more LTE capable aps come out- so many aps still need the phone to work. It's new though, so hopefully soon...

Ahh, very cool, that's good to know.

I have had mine for a week or so. It is a lot better than the earlier gens IMO.
Notifications can still be a bit hit or miss, but overall it is not sluggish like the earlier gens and the battery life has been insane so far for me (Whole day and I usually end the day with ~70%).

My Gen2 gets 2 days easy. I think they made a lot of changes in updates. For the first 6 months I owned my Gen2 I got about a day with ~15-20% left over. Now I end with 60% on a heavy usage day.

Back