Apple preventing people from selling refurb apple on Amazon?

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
How in the world could this stand? So buy from apple or apple approved people or go pound sand?

This will kill a lot of businesses that do a better job at refurbishing than apple does.

Apple has always been this way, ever since the early apple macs.

Vendor lock-in, Expen$ive low quality hardware, and crappy software, if you want to actually Do something, like write code.

My friends have learned not to bitch about their apple stuff to me. :)

I watched a twit the other day ruin a >$1000 phone the other day, talking to someone while pissing; I knew what happened when I heard the splash, lol.

For every good refurbisher there are dozens of shitty ones. We being tech savvy are a minority. Most people out there don’t know a decent refurb from a bad one, hell most of the time they don’t even know they are getting refurbs because they don’t read anything. They just look at the $.
Amazon dropping all unauthorized refurbished sellers and unauthorized resellers is good for the user base. Then when the component dies because it’s a shitty refurb Apple might actually be able to warranty it and save face in the eyes of the customer.

Why does this dude keep posting year(s) old information and calling it news? He did the same thing with the stale story about the problems with shipping grey market batteries to his private residence in NY. Tiring that people upvote his videos, circulate them as news, or even think he does a good job with his repairs.

I call this dude, "shady mall kiosk dude," and we've all seen them before peddling their wares and "advice," the question this time around is why this particular one gets so much traction!

Here's a link from a May 2017 seller explaining this as policy and asking for assistance: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/t/selling-refurbished-apple-products-online/312314

Apple is acting as a Drug Dealer and your in there territory. So they want you out. In all reality if something is wrong with any of your Apple products. Apple wants you to toss it and buy a new one!! They say there green but won't let you or anyone but them repair your Apple item!! Now 18 states are going to sign a bill for the "Right to Repair" which allows the consumer to repair there item. Apple hates this and will do anything they can to stop it. Look at there New T2 chip that's in all the 2018 products. So when Apple activates this by one of there updates. No one will be able to replace a part or repair the Apple said item. If you do replace say battery. The said item will not work. You will be force to take it to Apple to be repaired!!

Don't get me wrong I'm a Apple fan but not a fan of how they do business!

It is amazing how some people have blinders on. And cannot believe Apple could do anything wrong.

Back