Anyway to "clean out" a GPU block?

skypine27

Gawd
Helo fellow water-cooling frens.

I have a 2080 Ti Founders Edition that I bought right around release and slapped an EK WB on it (just to give you an idea of how old it is). So I have it swapped out now for a 3090 with a block and was considering selling the 2080 Ti on eBay (Dont care what I get for it)

Is there any way I can clean out the bock? Right now I have it sealed up with distilled water in it and have flushed it a few times but theres still a few discoloration spots inside the block. (I was running Meyhems red pastel coolant the whole time)

Attachments

• IMG_4190.jpg
    IMG_4190.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4189.jpg
    IMG_4189.jpg
    338.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4188.jpg
    IMG_4188.jpg
    391.8 KB · Views: 0
No substitute for elbow grease. Don't sweat it, the things are made to be taken apart for cleaning.

Disassemble and clean the block with some soap and a toothbrush.

Thx for the info. Didnt realize you could pull the block apart. one thing tho, i see a seal-sticker on the side where the seam is, so pulling it apart would rip that sticker, not that I would care if it was still going to buy in my PC. But would an eBay buyer care more about it still being factory sealed or more about having a cleaner appearing block?

Can I flush it with acetone without damaging any internal plastics?

Thx again

Thx for the info. Didnt realize you could pull the block apart. one thing tho, i see a seal-sticker on the side where the seam is, so pulling it apart would rip that sticker, not that I would care if it was still going to buy in my PC. But would an eBay buyer care more about it still being factory sealed or more about having a cleaner appearing block?

Can I flush it with acetone without damaging any internal plastics?

Thx again
id rather it be clean, since warranty doesnt transfer or is up.
i wouldnt. use a bit of soap in water and rinse with di/dis water.

These things are made to be taken apart and cleaned.

The only thing the sticker is there for is in case you screw up the reassembly and try to blame any resultant leaks on them.

It really isn't that tricky though. Depending on the design just keep an eye on the seals to make sure they are in the right place when closing it up again, and NEVER overtighten acrylic.

Back