Anyone with a Logitech wireless mouse? (battery life)

• Thread starter Deleted member 143938
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 143938

I've got a G703, under Windows the battery lasted FOREVER AND A HALF, I want to say I had to charge it once every 2-3 weeks.

A few weeks ago I nuked my Windows and went Linux only. I've gone through a few distros and under each of them the battery would deplete and need to be recharged it seems 1-2 times a week.

Am I imagining this, or does anyone else notice the same? Wondering if it's a (lack of) USB power-saving/sleep I should look into or something

I have a Logitech G604 and the battery lasts three to four weeks at a time for me. I don't have a comparison for Windows since I was mostly Linux well before the time I got this mouse but I don't see the battery lasting longer under Windows.

Is the mouse going to sleep properly? I know my G604 does because if I leave it sit for a minute or so the blue light indicating the mouse came out of sleep mode pops on.

I have a Logitech G604 and the battery lasts three to four weeks at a time for me. I don't have a comparison for Windows since I was mostly Linux well before the time I got this mouse but I don't see the battery lasting longer under Windows.

Is the mouse going to sleep properly? I know my G604 does because if I leave it sit for a minute or so the blue light indicating the mouse came out of sleep mode pops on.
Ok so it must be something with my system. That's a good idea about the light.. trouble is, back when I had Windows, I turned off the light completely in the G Hub software and it saved it to the mouse. So I don't get a light at all now, even with no G Hub anymore. And there's no reset button on the mouse! 4head

Ok, well now I know it's not a univeral issue with Linux

There are some open source RGB type software. Think there is one called openrgb as an example that I have heard can handle logitech lighting.

I run a corsair mouse and keyboard so run CKB next... I'm sure there must be something like it for Logitech.

I went from a Logitech mouse to an Amazon mouse and noticed no difference in battery life.

As said above, I would guess a problem with the mouse going to sleep, something in Linux is keeping it awake.

As for the light on the mouse, do you have access to a laptop, work or friend's computer? You could install GHub or LGS and put the light back on and save it to the mouse if for no other reason than for troubleshooting.

Strange. I'm on a Logitech G502 wired now (because I have too many wireless devices and I was getting interference) but previously I had a Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed (wireless) and the battery lasted forever.

It wasn't rechargable, it took 1 AA battery, and honestly I almost never replaced the battery. It easily lasted a month or two at a time. I did not notice any battery difference between Windows and Linux.

That said, I think you can adjust this in the settings files. I found this which looks promising.

https://itectec.com/ubuntu/ubuntu-logitech-mouse-power-saving/

Back