Anyone want some free bad monitors?

PopeKevinI

2[H]4U
Yeah, so this is a bit unusual. I recently took over an admin position, and the guy who left me the job apparently didn't believe in throwing out anything. I've got at least six monitors that are either completely shot, or some burned in/dim that they are unusable. Most are either 15" or 17", but it's been a while since I looked at them so I don't know exactly what I have now.

EPA regulations keep me from simply throwing them in the trash...it will cost the company several hundred dollars to dispose of them.

I've been cleared to give them to anyone who wants them. Of course, you'll have to pay shipping if you aren't somewhere near Longview or Lufkin, TX (I'm sort of between the two, and frequently visit both). The only stipulation is that you sign some sort of waiver taking over the environmental responsibility should the serial number be traced back to my company (not likely to happen, the last guy never registered anything).

I figure they'll make great mod projects for those with a mind for it. They also might have useable components--most of them seem to have shot p/s or bad tubes. If you're interested, PM me. If not, I guess we get to pay someone to throw stuff away for us.

i'd be game but i just got a working monitor for free from my sister........already put a window in it....sry

Yeah well me and a few firends are interested in the monitors for a modding project! we live in Carrollton, TX and it wouldnt cost that much to ship them to us..... we will pay the shipping costs... :)

Originally posted by *DEAD*Hitler
Yeah well me and a few firends are interested in the monitors for a modding project! we live in Carrollton, TX and it wouldnt cost that much to ship them to us..... we will pay the shipping costs... :)

I used to live in Carrollton, moved out here a few months ago.

You're right, shipping shouldn't be too much. Or you could just pay me $60 ($10 per monitor) to drive them up there one weekend :D

I am at school in Nacogdoches... Might be a fun project to take my mind away from doing any REAL work... So yeah I might make use of 1

Hell yes, free stuff. How much would it cost to ship to Illinois?

Originally posted by Seraphim974
i threw my monitor in a dumpster.....because it flickered...

monitors that are thrown away end up in landfills, they contain lead, mercury and other toxic chemicals that seep into the ground and eventually into the water supply.. because idiots like you are too lazy or stupid to recycle them. k thx :mad:

monitors that are thrown away end up in landfills, they contain lead, mercury and other toxic chemicals that seep into the ground and eventually into the water supply.. because idiots like you are too lazy or stupid to recycle them. k thx

owned

i say dump them in a desert then, no water = no harm.

+

deserts = stupid

hmm- anyone see Office Space? Only a monitor instead of a Fax Machine.

Yer right.

Deserts = stupid. I say we burn em down.

:eek: <hugs giant lifetime supply oxygen tank> yeah screw the deserts! or whatever lol.

rofl you guys are funny :p

heh no really, dell is offering recycling for FIVE us dollars and they pay for shipping and the come to your door, pick it up and thats that.. simple and cheap

u got any of those 17"ers lying around anymore...

pm me ill send you shipping to Massachusetts

o_O; Um, what happens when you're in a small enclosed space that has bad ventilation and a monitor falls over and starts hissing? That happened to me numerous times... :p

I'd love a monitor, but unfortunatly, I already have two. :p I'd end up doing something stupid, like tossing them off the roof of my house.

Originally posted by UrinalCakeMIx
hmm- anyone see Office Space? Only a monitor instead of a Fax Machine.

Yer right.

Deserts = stupid. I say we burn em down.

Been there, done that. HAVE VIDEOS! :D

Originally posted by ra-odin
I can't say I see whats stupid about that :D

Uh, did I mention that the involved parties in said closed space got really dizzy after the monitors hissed? :p Yeah, I love making messes, Just don't like cleaning them up. :D

Been there, done that. HAVE VIDEOS! :D

Link to videos? ;)

why would you guys be willing to pay to have a dead monitor shipped to you? you can find them in dumpsters all the time around here.

Originally posted by compslckr
why would you guys be willing to pay to have a dead monitor shipped to you? you can find them in dumpsters all the time around here.

i'm sorta wondering the same thing tbh.

there is only one option

SHOTGUN! :)

just stand behind something to protect you from flying objects.

Originally posted by ClayDo
there is only one option

SHOTGUN! :)

just stand behind something to protect you from flying objects.

Clay... you disturb me... ;)

Originally posted by compslckr

Because I live in a bumshit area where not only can you get arrested for 'suspicious activity' if you dumpster drive, but some owners will go find shotguns to take pot shots at divers. Not to mention there aren't that many dumpsters around here to dive through...

Back