Anyone using Timetec Extreme Performance Hynix 32GB KIT(2x16GB) 3600MHz in an Asus z490-E? Compatible?

Jack Of Owls

Weaksauce
I'll be buying an Asus ROG Strix z490-E motherboard before the week is out and was wondering if this kit was compatible. How far were you able to overclock? Or should I get something with heatspreaders? My case has excellent airflow.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'll be buying an Asus ROG Strix z490-E motherboard before the week is out and was wondering if this kit was compatible. How far were you able to overclock? Or should I get something with heatspreaders? My case has excellent airflow.

I have the 32GB kit of that and I run it at 3600Mhz, but I tighten the timings on my AMD setup to 16-19-19-38 instead of 18-22-22-42.

It's Hynix CJR memory. It's going to have the limits of CJR. If you want a budget OCing memory, maybe Micron E-die?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have the 32GB kit of that and I run it at 3600Mhz, but I tighten the timings on my AMD setup to 16-19-19-38 instead of 18-22-22-42.

It's Hynix CJR memory. It's going to have the limits of CJR. If you want a budget OCing memory, maybe Micron E-die?

Micron E-die? It's all geek to me lol $200 is my budget for two sticks of 16GB (32GB total) and I saw this kit on NE for $204. It's 4000 MHz and Cas 18 so I wonder if I'll be able to tighten it up to Cas 16. It's not on the official QVL for the Asus Strix z490-E list but a very close varient is (F4-4000C19D-32GTZR ). What do you guys think? NE has the z490-E back in stock so I'll likely be ordering tomorrow.

Most brands are good about Memory compatibility nowadays. However, MSI is supposed to be a step above for RAM compatibility. You may want to look at one of their mobos, if you really want this RAM.

*whatever mobo you get, make sure to update the bios. Bios updates often improve memory compatibility.

Micron E-die? It's all geek to me lol $200 is my budget for two sticks of 16GB (32GB total) and I saw this kit on NE for $204. It's 4000 MHz and Cas 18 so I wonder if I'll be able to tighten it up to Cas 16. It's not on the official QVL for the Asus Strix z490-E list but a very close varient is (F4-4000C19D-32GTZR ). What do you guys think? NE has the z490-E back in stock so I'll likely be ordering tomorrow.

From what I see, that's Hynix M-die. I don't think it would be any more or less compatible than the Hynix CJR in the timetec RAM.

Stuff made by Crucial has Micron ICCs. Maybe these or something:
https://www.newegg.com/ballistix-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820164174?&quicklink=true

Back