Anyone use Corsair custom water cooling stuff yet?

///AMG

2[H]4U
So I bought an NZXT Kraken X53 recently and the pump noise is atrocious. Even At 25% speed its by far the loudest thing in my case. I was thinking about finally biting the bullet and doing my first custom water cooling loop but I don't really know how reliable their stuff is.

What I have in mind so far:
Corsair XD3 Pump res combo
Corsair XC7 CPU Block
1x 240mm Radiator
1x 280mm Radiator

Need recommendations on slim radiators. I'll be putting this all in a Cooler Master NR200P.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Their rads are rebranded HWLabs, which are among the best rads you can buy. The pumps are likely fine too. Some of their first gen GPU blocks had problems with leaking at the terminal under mechanical stress. I've got some of their fittings on my build now and they seem pretty solid.

I have a 360 and 120 Corsair Rad, XC7 CPU block, XD5 pump/res, hard line and all the fittings from Corsair. That front tube needs to be redone, it is a hair off.

Attachments

• IMG_2564.JPEG
    IMG_2564.JPEG
    432.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2560.JPEG
    IMG_2560.JPEG
    485.9 KB · Views: 0
Thank You. I am on my third box of tubing because I keep re-doing things as they are not perfect. :happy:
I'm lazy so moved back to air cooling after many years of custom loop. Started using water cooling when we had to machine our own waterblocks using small pond pumps and automotive radiators. ;) Most were hose, but did a couple rigid tube loops with copper tubing .. that was long before rigid tubing came out. ;)

I'm lazy so moved back to air cooling after many years of custom loop. Started using water cooling when we had to machine our own waterblocks using small pond pumps and automotive radiators. ;) Most were hose, but did a couple rigid tube loops with copper tubing .. that was long before rigid tubing came out. ;)
me too. especially because once your old watercooled system starts getting like 8 yrs old you start wondering if somethings gonna spring a leak and fry the whole build when it's an otherwise good computer. at least that's my take on it. i still have my FX-8370 build with custom loop. With my new Ryzen 3800X build i just went with the tried and true Noctua D15 and left my liquid anxiety in the past. I mean when you think about it people have computers from the 80's that still work just as good today as the day they were born. I had my fun with watercooling but i guess i just grew out of it.

don't get me wrong it does look cool if you do a custom loop. but the closed loop coolers get beat by air coolers anyway so what's the point? and anyone with an open loop knows you have to add a little coolant every once in a while which is something you cant do with a clc. So with a clc not only is your performance slightly on par with a good air cooler but the performance will degrade over time as the coolant evaporates.

I was coming in here to ask the same question. I was looking at maybe picking up one of the Corsair Xg7 gpu water blocks.

Price wise they are on par with EK, Phanteks etc, given that they also come with a back plate.

I cannot find many reviews.

I was coming in here to ask the same question. I was looking at maybe picking up one of the Corsair Xg7 gpu water blocks.

Price wise they are on par with EK, Phanteks etc, given that they also come with a back plate.

I cannot find many reviews.
I ordered so I will let you know. Comes Monday but I probably won’t be able to fully set it up until I get either a 3080 or whatever amd has and a water block too.

I ordered so I will let you know. Comes Monday but I probably won’t be able to fully set it up until I get either a 3080 or whatever amd has and a water block too.

Thanks, I honestly would appreciate a basic quailty review. Even if you cannot get cooling numbers/install experience.

I just finished a full Hydro X build. Xd5 pump, 360+420 rads. What would you like to know?

I found it to be very well done. Everything is rebranded stuff but from quality manufacturers. However their soft tubing appears to be rubbish. It’ll yellow quickly. I used primochill tubing.

Technically the 420 rad is not Corsair but it is a HWLabs black ice so same thing.

AA25C4F6-F4F3-4CD1-AFC5-F157529FC178.jpeg

This comment might be relevant to the radiator discussion

Corsair rads are rebranded hardwarelabs oem L series rads. They are the same rads that ppcs sells for $30-$40 less. I mistakenly bought an xr7 thinking it was a gtx when there was a shortage of hwl rads. I paid $100 with a %10 off coupon and still paid $30 more than i would have had i bought the 360 lx at the time. I foolishly waited to read tpus review of corsairs rads until after i bought the xr7. Its not a bad rad by any means it performs well and is very high quality its just overpriced like much of corsairs gear.
Oh well. Ended up getting a gtx anyhow and kept the xr7 for a back up rig. Until then its parked in the spare parts closet.
Links to the 360 l series at ppcs for comparison.

https://www.performance-pcs.com/black-ice-nemesis-l-series-360-xtreme-radiator-nlx360-f2pb.html

https://www.performance-pcs.com/black-ice-nemesis-l-series-360-stealth-radiator-nls360-f2pb.html

Tl;Dr They're not the top end HWLabs stuff, and you might be able to get them for cheaper unless there's no stock, or you really really want Corsair.

I've got the Corsair 420mm radiator in my machine. Very nice hardware. The fittings are also rather nice. I don't use any myself, but I've handled them. The pump / res combo, I've installed in other people's machines. They work just fine and are made well enough. I haven't touched any of their blocks though.

I am not a fan of the blocks. I have one on my 2920x and it suits, but compared to the XSPC Raystorm Neo, it sucks. Not a fan of the design internally. There are some areas of cavitation. Hard to get it burped and keeps hot spots.

Maybe the AM4 blocks fare better. I dunno, but I'm not likely to go back to Corsair for another block.

I think if you’re very particular you can certainly seek out superior products in each component from outside of hydro x.

The fact that Corsair created a complete package water cooling product is what made me do it. Their prices are fair and if it builds interest in the market we all win.

A side note is that the commander pro and the icue software are also nice. I wanted my water setup to have unified LED control and icue does a good job in my opinion. For example, my water RGB are tied to water temp, which icue reads to the hundredth decimal so you get a very smooth pleasing transition. The ASUS Aura software when tied to a temp for example literally just steps between the low-med-high with no transition blend or hysteresis.

Now if you’re not concerned with RGBs it really is a different story and I can’t really think of why you would use hydro x over the alternatives.

Also they did a really good job with the configurator web page.

Last edited:
I have their radiators, fittings, and Commander Pro. I went elsewhere for the pump (EKWB), water block (Optimus PC), fans (BeQuiet!), and tubes (Promochill).

I don’t care for their iCue software, too bloated and doesn’t allow me to control G.Skill RAM RGBs, but I like their older Link 4 software instead to configure my fan profiles and monitor temps using separate sensors. Plus, the older software has a much smaller footprint and is easier to configure.

The fittings and radiators are decent enough quality for the price. But make sure to do a thorough cleaning on the radiators before use. I used over a gallon of distilled water for each radiator during my prep work (heated up water, filled, shake vigorously, drain, repeat) and still managed to have some small debris remain in there, now visible in my CPU water block.

My XD3 Pump res combo came in and its a lot bigger than I thought it would be. The XC7 block looks pretty nice but I wont be able to test for a few weeks. Good thing Amazon has extended return policy.

I think that I will probably skip the Corsair Xg7 Gpu block. They seem to have a design flaw.

JayzTwoCents Corsair.. Oof

Seems to be an issue of the connection interface either being two flimsy, the lack of a center screw or the orings being too small. Or all three.

The rest of the products seem to be sound and well made. It should be noted that the Corsair 30 series XG7 Gpu blocks apparently have this issue fixed (third center screw is present).

Back