Anyone running their 3080/3090 with a vertical GPU mount?

So i want to throw this out there, but The level 20 HT case has the best vertical mount ive ever seen, to be honest, when i found this post I was thinking oh more cases like mine, but after reading i realized you were talking about risers and not inbuilt vertical mounts. this form of mount leaves no weight on the motherboard as its anchored right into the case in such a was as to fully support it. futher this case also has a unique airflow system. Instead of air flowing front to back it leaves a gap at the bottom and air flows from the bottom to out the top, which priveds much better heat reduction as that's the direction hot are wants to go anyways. currently im running 6 nf-a14's and 3 nf-a12x25 pwm a nh-d15 and am considering adding another 3 nf-a12x25 (mostly because i realized i have room/headers for it)
20211027_184229.jpg

So i want to throw this out there, but The level 20 HT case has the best vertical mount ive ever seen, to be honest, when i found this post I was thinking oh more cases like mine, but after reading i realized you were talking about risers and not inbuilt vertical mounts. this form of mount leaves no weight on the motherboard as its anchored right into the case in such a was as to fully support it. futher this case also has a unique airflow system. Instead of air flowing front to back it leaves a gap at the bottom and air flows from the bottom to out the top, which priveds much better heat reduction as that's the direction hot are wants to go anyways. currently im running 6 nf-a14's and 3 nf-a12x25 pwm a nh-d15 and am considering adding another 3 nf-a12x25 (mostly because i realized i have room/headers for it)View attachment 407484
Probably won't see much difference with more fans, you already have a ton in there. Nice heavy duty power cable!

I run a 3080 vertical in a o11d with the EK vertical (standard) kit. I run all fan positions and had to change my fan orientation for bottom fans to exhaust and side fans to intake but overall pretty happy with the results in the case (when I kept my original fan orientation I got worse temps). Now I don't overall see any huge benefit or worsening of temps. The biggest worry for vertical IMO is if the GPU fans can breathe facing the side panel; the o11d does well in this case because of the bottom fan positions.

The price for these kits is like $60+ so it's not exactly cheap in context of a $180 case and $120 of fans.

If I had to do it again, I wouldn't prioritize it.

I'm running a link-up pcie 4 wire for my lian li vertical kit in an 011d. I ordered a 20cm one and it turned out to be overkill, the extra slack is the full width of a 3090 FTW3. I thought I was ordering smaller than the lian li vertical kit wire, but turns out I measured from the wrong spot on the wire and it was the exact size of the lian-li cable.

Back