anyone put a block on an FE 2070?

cdoublejj

Gawd
i got a bykski water block for a stock non branded RTX 2070 but, it does not fit right. the screw holes line and up and the block goes on but, it does not touch all of the components. the gap is too big for thermal pads.
even the spots in the instructions for the VRMs do not touch with the provided thermal pads!
i though it was not lined up or crooked, or uneven or i did it wrong! but, it is flat, the GPU and RAM all contact fine but, not the VRM and other bits
also there was dirt in the block, when i took the lid of to clean the o-ring swelled up, it's almost 1cm too long to fit back in now
the stock heat sinks has way more raised spots than the bykski, like i'll need copper shims. are all GPUs this much work?
https://www.formulamod.com/bykski-n-rtx2070-x-v4-gp
yeah i can shim the VRM area with more pad or maybe once it's screwed down it will contact but, the DVI chip and some of the diodes or whatever aren't making any contact like the pictured green thermal pad.
the instructions don't' even acknowledge these parts exist and i can't find a video on youtube for just the FE 2070. it's not like someone is there to say hay, don't worry about those chips they don't get hot enough or DO spend the time shimming it up, they need it.

GPU blocks are not this much work. Everything should fit perfectly. I have also had problems with byski products(fittings with bad threads} and would recomend you not buy them and return that block. I dont do this lightly, I love water cooling and want it to thrive but from personal experience byski apears to have sub par quality control. Dirt in the block??? Return that garbage.

They either sent you the wrong block or its a jacked up return. Your link is 404ing btw. Ive been running a byski block on my msi 2070 for a couple of years. No issues.

Edit- is your card a fe or reference? Is there a difference? I cant say but maybe thats the problem?

well it's shame a i bought this block MARCH of 2020, i bet i'm waaaaay past the return window. well the link that was there was the exact block. i wonder if its one of those cheap product that doens't actualy work. so much for water cooling. i was hoping to do some OC. i can't see a anything over $80 being worth it at this point. even if i did get the card for a deal

They either sent you the wrong block or its a jacked up return. Your link is 404ing btw. Ive been running a byski block on my msi 2070 for a couple of years. No issues.

Edit- is your card a fe or reference? Is there a difference? I cant say but maybe thats the problem?
as far as i know FE IS REFERENCE but, if i'm wrong you're right. but as far as i know the nvidia version, is the nvidia version ...ref/fe

W>T>F MATE!!! ..check this out!!!!

no thermal pads or indentations OR any mention of the extra chips either!!!! COMMENTS DISABLED!!!!!

look how many extra thermal pads they clean off and DO NOT RE-INSTALL

Last edited:
The corsair blocks come with everything preinstalled so you don't need to put any thermal pads or paste on them when installing. For your block they probably didn't follow the reference guide for parts on the PCB or never got it so they just based it on one they had. Parts can be substituted but still fulfill the same requirement but may be a different size which would lead to interference so that may be what is happenign for you.

The corsair blocks come with everything preinstalled so you don't need to put any thermal pads or paste on them when installing. For your block they probably didn't follow the reference guide for parts on the PCB or never got it so they just based it on one they had. Parts can be substituted but still fulfill the same requirement but may be a different size which would lead to interference so that may be what is happenign for you.
LOOK at that corsair block and bykski block, they are all exactly the same! none of them cover the same parts the stock cooler does!

N-RTX2070-X_3_500x.jpg

not ONE damn GPU block out there covers ANY of the NON VRM/VRAM/GPU/VOLT CONT components. NO blocks cover the DVI chip, the extra diodes or nothing.
HELL IN THE VIDEO, it shows TONS of extra thermal pads on the stock cooler, not ONE of them is on the water block.
HOW STUPID, to not even mention that instructions, just leave people guessing.

Back