Anyone knows if zotac gtx1080 ti blower is reference?

LGabrielPhoto

2[H]4U
Hello. A local is selling the zotac blower version for $400 so I thought I could just buy it then get a hybrid cooler from evga and still be cheaper than buying the "real thing" but I am unable to find out so far if that zotac will work with the evga cooler.

My other option is a gigabyte for $460 buy I don't like the white orange look and read that cooling is not so good.

Thanks

Only way to know forsure if its using the same pcb would be to waste time emailing them.

Yeah might be.. but is it worth the gamble? I'd say just grab a zotac amp extreme if you want it cooler. One ending on ebay right now.

Last edited:
Yeah might be.. but is it worth the gamble? I'd say just grab a zotac amp extreme if you want it cooler. One ending on ebay right now.
true. I just thought $400 was a pretty nice price but I guess those blower coolers suck enough to affect the value of the lower price. I am coming from an eVGA 980ti Hybrid so I guess I am also used to the low noise even though my HAF-X case has plenty of air flow :)

true. I just thought $400 was a pretty nice price but I guess those blower coolers suck enough to affect the value of the lower price. I am coming from an eVGA 980ti Hybrid so I guess I am also used to the low noise even though my HAF-X case has plenty of air flow :)

Is that the one with the side fan?

Yeah if your just using a single card then a non blower card would be fine. The bigger and more fans on a card the quieter.

Tripple fans is best.

Is that the one with the side fan?

Yeah if your just using a single card then a non blower card would be fine. The bigger and more fans on a card the quieter.

Tripple fans is best.
Yes well, I have 4 fans on the side panel as I used the HAF-932 side panel instead of the HAF-X one (didnt like the window on the X one).
Yeah I will be using just a single card. Just wanted an upgrade from my 980ti to wait for next gen of cards.
Guess I better wait and get a better 1080ti instead of a blower one.
Thanks

4 fans on the side? Crap.. your all set hehe. Tripple fan card and all set.

Back