Anyone know what thickness thermal pads are used on an EVGA 2080Ti?

Bankie

2[H]4U
Basically the title. I've torn the heatsink off of the card a few times already so the thermal pads are rough/ripped.

Your best bet is to find 3 or 4 parts of the pads that haven't been used or deformed and measure them with a small metric ruler.
I had to replace the pads on my 2070 recently and doing the above is how I replaced the two different thermal pads on it. Worked a charm, temps have been great.

Basically the title. I've torn the heatsink off of the card a few times already so the thermal pads are rough/ripped.

Or... don't worry about it. I bought this stuff based on this review from Linus Tech Tips.

It can be a little messy during the initial application, but it works exactly as advertised. After it sets it hardens to perfectly conform to the components, and it survives multiple heatsink removals just fine (and if it doesn't you only have to apply a little more of it). I love this stuff and have used it on my Crosshair VI Extreme VRMs (since I am using a monoblock) as well as the VRMs and memory on my 6800XT and 5700XT cards (both under waterblocks). If you decide to remove it, removal (after it sets) is pretty easy as you can literally just gently brush it off and then wipe the VRMs down with IPA. Trying to remove it BEFORE it completely sets really sucks as LTT demonstrates in their video, so don't do that.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Or... don't worry about it. I bought this stuff based on this review from Linus Tech Tips.

It can be a little messy during the initial application, but it works exactly as advertised. After it sets it hardens to perfectly conform to the components, and it survives multiple heatsink removals just fine (and if it doesn't you only have to apply a little more of it). I love this stuff and have used it on my Crosshair VI Extreme VRMs (since I am using a monoblock) as well as the VRMs and memory on my 6800XT and 5700XT cards (both under waterblocks). If you decide to remove it, removal (after it sets) is pretty easy as you can literally just gently brush it off and then wipe the VRMs down with IPA. Trying to remove it BEFORE it completely sets really sucks as LTT demonstrates in their video, so don't do that.
Wow I've never seen that before. Just picked up a jar to try. Thanks!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back