Anyone have experience with Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 "C10" RAM on Ryzen system?

Looking to buy C10 latency Corsair DDR4 memory and was curious if XMP will work on Ryzen system. Any feedback appreciated.

Example: https://www.newegg.com/corsair-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820233999

Thanks!
maybe. XMP is technically intel's spec. if it doesnt work under xmp you can manually set the speed/timings and it should work fine. one other thing, dont be surprised if you need to feed them a bit extra voltage. every single corsair kit i have ever used has needed a little more juice to be perfectly stable.

Probably using Samsung b die chips which are the best chips you can get for Ryzen but the PCB Corsair uses may not be as good as others.
If you have that kit would forget XMP try relaxing the timings to ~14-16 and overclocking to ~3600+ (depending on what model Ryzen) for this the RAM may need ~1.4-1.5VDIMM.

The modules I have are samsung b die (this exact set). I've easily gotten 16/16/16/32 @3600 @1.35 volts. I did not personally try to use xmp, since that would be at the low 2400mhz.

Ryzen 3900x
x570 Master

I use the dominators exclusively. It is the only ram that i have never had a problem with .

The modules I have are samsung b die (this exact set). I've easily gotten 16/16/16/32 @3600 @1.35 volts. I did not personally try to use xmp, since that would be at the low 2400mhz.

Ryzen 3900x
x570 Master

That's such a waste. You can get timings like that on Hynix RAM. If you're not going to use the super low CAS, you might as well buy something else.

That's such a waste. You can get timings like that on Hynix RAM. If you're not going to use the super low CAS, you might as well buy something else.

Hey I got them for 55 dollars used. Also I'm lazy, since I just used the same settings that I used from my dual ranked samsung b modules (note sub timings are tighter than hynix typically handles).

Last edited:
Ryzen has no issues recognizing XMP profiles. Yea, maybe XMP is not ideal, whatever, but I don't have the patience to overclock myself, lol. So I always just select XMP and haven't had a problem with the 5 or 6 Ryzen builds I've been through.
The only issues I did have was with Zen+ and 3600MHz C16 RAM. It would not boot with XMP, cause the CPU could not do it (I verified same sticks in same mobo with Zen2 CPU and had no problems). Oh, and that time when I had to RMA Gskill FlareX "AMD" 3200MHz C14 2x8G RAM - but that was GSkill's fault. Replacement sticks worked fine.

Hey I got them for 55 dollars used. Also I'm lazy, since I just used the same settings that I used from my dual ranked samsung b modules (note sub timings are tighter than hynix typically handles).

Well, for $55, you can do whatever you want with them :D. I just wouldn't have paid full price for low latency sticks only to loosen the timings and OC them.

I don't know that you'd notice a big difference between 16-16-16-32 and something like 16-18-18-38. Especially for the difference in price was my point. At your price... no reason not to tighten up the timings.

Back