Anyone have a card or a pair of cards laying around they arent using that can fold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirmonkey1985

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2010
well i recently had to send back vsboxerboy's GTX260 he let me use while was gone on a trip to fold with. right now im using his 8800GT he let me borrow as well be for some reason its starting to run into problems(probably a baking candidate but its his card and i dont want to be the one baking it).. out of 14 GPU WU's ive done 11 of them have failed at stock clocks running at 50C full load(accelero S1)

so i figured id take the chance and see if maybe anyone had a card or two laying around they weren't using to fold with or maybe some one needed to lower their electricity bill.. I currently have 2 open pci-e x16 2.0 slots and a 750w psu.. id be willing to use the cards under your name if you wanted.. i just cant stand having a gpu that has the ability to fold but not actually being able to fold with it.. so I'm stuck just running my SMP client.. yeah i guess you can say I'm a F@H addict like everyone else..

but i figured id take the chance and ask seeing as how people replace hardware like candy in here.. if ya actually got this far through the thread thanks for reading it.. lol if ya want to call me a bum and yell at me to buy my own cards feel free too.. you wont hurt my feelings because i know im a bum with money but no credit card(shakes fist at the sky and yells damn you why isnt there a friggin Fry's or microcenter in eastern washington!!!) :p

I only have 2 GPUs active and only one of them is in my house (yay borg!).

How are you killing them off like that. My borg has had the same card in it for over 2 years and not an issue ever. I've been running my GTX 275 for well over a year.

:confused:

If I had an extra card I'd send it out.

I only have 2 GPUs active and only one of them is in my house (yay borg!).

How are you killing them off like that. My borg has had the same card in it for over 2 years and not an issue ever. I've been running my GTX 275 for well over a year.

:confused:

If I had an extra card I'd send it out.

the GTX 260 ran perfectly fine.. never had trouble with that card except that it was one of the worst overclocking EVGA GTX 260's ive ever seen.. though it ran at 600/1512/1106 for days on end folding.. but vsboxerboy needed the card back.. i still have his 8800GT that was running in this system until i finally killed the motherboard in my main rig and then moved the gtx 260 to this one.. but for some reason i just cant get the 8800GT to finish a WU now.. the card plays games perfectly fine even with it overclocked but when it comes to F@H it refuses to complete a work unit.. but im not sure if this is a new problem or an existing problem since this system was run as an HTPC with this 8800GT in it originally so i basically just let it run 24/7 and never really checked the client..

I'm trying to resurrect a dead 260 still myself....dunno what to do with it next, going to try to scrape off all the TIM pads and replace them with OCZ Freeze although I still think one of the ram chips is bad.

Having a problematic gpu on hand is such a disheartening experience...I feel so helpless. :( (bought it dead, figured a bake would fix it, and it hasn't)

I just sold my 8800GTS for a whopping $30..if I knew you needed one I would have given you that:(...

All I've got is the half height cards for dedicated rigs anymore

I've got 2 cards still in rigs but those are running fine now
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I may have 2 8800gt cards that you could have. That would give me a good reason to upgrade, when i was allowed too.

I may have 2 8800gt cards that you could have. That would give me a good reason to upgrade, when i was allowed too.

hey if it gives you a good enough reason to upgrade id gladly take em off your hands for a few months til i can go back to california in december and raid the fry's by my parents house.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back