anyone experience BSOD after you install a SSD heatsink on your M.2 SSD?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
Amazon product ASIN B07TN2RX2K
I so happen reading this review, now, anyone who uses SSD heatsink, has to know a reasonable amt. of knowledge on this subject. So these users should know what they are doing, but they have more than 1 users who report BSOD after they install this heatink:

I don't know what went wrong. It blue screened my computer many times until I installed a SATA SSD. I had a heatsink on it, but I recall that it was probably heat throttling. It seemed to slow down, speed up, slow down, speed up. Disclaimer I'm not an expert so I can't say for sure, but I do know that I'll never see that $400 again..

it looks smart, well constructed - but... the screws do not line up once card is inserted thus slightly bending the card ( could possibly damage it ). I started getting bsod errors once mine was installed. Once heatsink removed and replaced with stock motherboard one, problems disappeared. Ultimately product not fit for purpose.

No, but for this heatsink it sounds like the fit is poor and it may be mechanically damaging the drive when you install it.

I think it just won't fit all motherboards and from the documentation you likely will not know before purchasing.

Welcome to the age of LTT and the Verge's infamous $2000 PC. Any idiot with a screwdriver can be a tech expert now. I don't put much stock into user reviews outside of the avg rating.

ID10-T error and/or crap design. if you have decent airflow do you even need one.

Welcome to the age of LTT and the Verge's infamous $2000 PC. Any idiot with a screwdriver can be a tech expert now. I don't put much stock into user reviews outside of the avg rating.
I never read av. rating. SSD heatsink is not for everyone. An average home user has no clue what it is. People who buy SSD heatsink should be people like you and me. The above review is from 2 different users.

Regardless, to cut to the chase, have you seen ANY other brand SSD Heatsink that has this BSOD problem?

Amazon product ASIN B07TN2RX2K
I so happen reading this review, now, anyone who uses SSD heatsink, has to know a reasonable amt. of knowledge on this subject. So these users should know what they are doing, but they have more than 1 users who report BSOD after they install this heatink:
No problem with two Asus GEN4 Hyper PCIe cards or two Asus DIMM2 cards. All four have heatsink covers.

I've installed heatsinks, removed, switched to PCI-E riser, used cheap ram heatsinks + thermal glue, used rubberbands, used heatpads to make sure it both connects to the silicon below and a heatsink above, removed the (quite nice) stock heatsink so it would fit under my motherboard heatspreader and not a single damn one of them has caused any damage or harm to any of my M.2 boards over the years.

I've had 6 or 7 NVME SSDs in the past few years and the only one that ever gave me any trouble was a first gen ADATA SX8000 that was likely bad silicon from the start but was so stupid expensive at the time that I didn't want to give up on it.

Back