Any way to reflash tablet operating system?

Roberty

Extremely [H]
My daughter received a cheap tablet for Christmas (Trio Stealth G2 10.1") and it already won't get past the startup screen now. It's already too late to just return it to the store and apparently the company is next to impossible to contact about RMA's (support number is always busy) from what I've read and I can't get them. It acts to me like the operating system is corrupt and I have access to another one just like it. Is there anyway to clone the working tablet and reflash the operating system on the borked one? Computers and laptops I wouldn't have a problem with but these tablets are a new one on me.

Not likely possible to simply reflash the firmware when the tablet is locked up like that. Some devices have a special recovery mode, but many lower cost devices don't.

From a google search it seems to be a known problem. You'll have to keep trying to get through to the company's tech support so they can walk you through a hard reset (which won't work) and give you an RMA # to return it.

Finally heard back from the company and there is a way to do a factory reset on it. Here is the way to do it on the Trio Stealth for future reference in case anyone else has this problem:

Alex (Mach Speed Technologies)

Jan 30 16:55

Hello thank you for contacting our support team in order to reset you tablet we need to do a factory data reset which will delete all of your user data.
First power off your tablet.
Then press and hold the "Power" and "Volume - (that's the minus side)" until the TRIO screen appears then let off both buttons.
It should bring you to an android system recovery screen which you navigate through with your "Volume" buttons and select with your "Power" button.
Scroll down and select "wipe data/factory reset".
Then scroll down and select "yes".
Scroll down and select "wipe Cashe Partition".
Scroll down and select "wipe Media".
Then scroll down and select "yes".
After that select "reboot system now"
Once all these steps have been done properly your tablet should turn on as a brand new tablet just like the day you unboxed it.

Back