Any new boards in the pipes?

Nobu

[H]F Junkie
Are there new boards coming down the pipes, or should I just bite the bullet? Really don't want to spend almost $200 on a b350/450, especially if 550 is around the corner.

Lookin to do a sff build, but seems like everything is sold out or sold by a third party for 130%. Even the matx boards are scarce, though not as bad as mitx.

B550 boards and the X570 Tomahawk are the only new boards that I am aware of. The Tomahawk should be around $200 U.S. but don't quote me on that.

Don't expect B550 to hit retail until mid July. X570 Tomahawk finally reached reviewers, so the board exists, but it's been close to 2 weeks with no retail presence so who knows; might be tomorrow might be mid June.

If you need/want to build now I'd do something like a Msi B450m Pro-VDH Max which is a decent enough board and not too expensive, you can dump or sell it in 4-5 months if you feel the need.

Thanks, I'll check em out. The one I was looking at was the asrock b450 itx with wifi, because it has decent reviews and good audio and network chips, but it's oos everywhere and priced to match, and a few reviewers say newer ryzen chips have problems running on it.

I'll believe the June 15th for B550 when I see it, but maybe I'm just feeling cranky today. June 15 for the Tomahawk? ouch.

I'll believe the June 15th for B550 when I see it, but maybe I'm just feeling cranky today. June 15 for the Tomahawk? ouch.
B&H photo has the x570 tomahawk listed on its website and has/had preorders up yesterday. expected delivery was june 16th

Back