Any known issues running a AMD iGPU and an Nvidia RTX card?

Tanquen

[H]ard|Gawd
Just wondering if drivers and such play nice. I'm testing and setting up a new 7950X3D setup with the iGPU before pulling the old 5950x board and putting into the existing case

Was wondering if the AMD drivers would cause an issue with the RTX4090 when I put it all togeather?

IIRC WinXP was the last version where mixing GPU vendors was highly problematic.

7950x3d + 4090 here, works fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-03 174929.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-03 174929.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 1
I'm not using an iGPU, but I have a small AMD FirePro workstation card to power extra monitors in addition to my RTX 4080 (6 monitors total).

As counter-intuitive as it is, it's actually a bigger issue in many cases if you are using two GPUs from the same brand. If you have two different Nvidia GPUs in your system, for example, the driver that you use has to be compatible with BOTH cards. I learned this the hard way when I tried to buy a cheap older Nvidia Quadro card to do the same thing I now use the AMD FirePro card for, and it would only allow me to install some older 470 series driver (even for the 4080) because that was the last version that supported the kepler-based GPU on the Quadro. There was no way to use two different nvidia drivers on the same system at the same time. But you can use an Nvidia and an AMD driver, or an Nvidia and an Intel driver at the same time just fine... whatever...

Reactions: noko
like this
just till last month i ran a 3090 with 4 monitors hooked up plus one additional mini screen monitor thing hooked up to the iGPU on a 9900K. I did have some wierd issues initially where only 4 of the 5 displays would run with it just picking a random one to not run. I got it working fine after reinstalling both nvidia and intel video drivers.
Ive since switched to a 12700KF so no more iGPU till i can find a good deal on a non F cpu

Back