Any driver newer than 17.7.2 with RX580 get driver stopped responding ctd's

primetime

Supreme [H]ardness
Im only playing "the division dx12" for the time being so i cant say if it effects other games. Still its been a long time, actually if ever i was effected by driver crashes with AMD drivers. Its like what ever Vega changes they added to the drivers with 17.8 isnt playing well with my polaris card...Fuck it i can get by with not using the newest driver but i was just curious if any other polaris owners had issues with the 17.8 drivers?

I didnt use ddu this last go round....But it shoulnt be needed every fucking time lol. I must have upgraded over the top of existing drivers a hundred times with my last card and never an issue. I WILL use it to be sure i have cleaned out the 17.8's, since i know the 17.7's work fine.;)

I was having massive issues with the 17.7 and they were terrible. CTU with any sort of OC'ing no matter what I used (trixx, Afterburner, or Wattman). I DDU'd and went with the 17.8.1 and they are smooth sailing. Played Playday 2 in 4K last night maxed out pegged @ 75fps (my imposed limit) until 6am. haven't done that since I was a teen! Freesync, whether it is placebo or not, has brought the ability to play a game for then 20 mins back!

I was having massive issues with the 17.7 and they were terrible. CTU with any sort of OC'ing no matter what I used (trixx, Afterburner, or Wattman). I DDU'd and went with the 17.8.1 and they are smooth sailing. Played Playday 2 in 4K last night maxed out pegged @ 75fps (my imposed limit) until 6am. haven't done that since I was a teen! Freesync, whether it is placebo or not, has brought the ability to play a game for then 20 mins back!
So your polaris card has completely the opposite results...but of course the cards are somewhat different hardware and bios....Well im glad they fixed yours with the newer driver...But now i get to wait for the bug effecting mine to get fixed. (where it was working)..Shit happens i guess when they fix one issue and create another in the process. My card is still fairly new but i may look for bios updates and see if it has any effect.

Back