Any difference if change loop order?

Sontungmtp

n00b
Currently I let the flow from rad to gpu to cpu then back to rad. If I reverse it, can the cpu temp be lower? Coz the water exit the hot gpu then to cpu.

If the loop is fast enough I imagine it the water temperature will almost be close to the same everywhere and the small difference.

Depends on your flow rates. If it is abysmally slow, yes. If it is fast enough, not really. Most computer pumps will provide enough flow unless you have something like 10 components in your loop.

Depends on your flow rates. If it is abysmally slow, yes. If it is fast enough, not really. Most computer pumps will provide enough flow unless you have something like 10 components in your loop.
Any flow that slow is not sufficient to cool a cpu let alone throwing a gpu in there. I don’t have the links anymore, but there are sites showing this testing, and it made no difference at any effective flow rate.

Because I see something weird about my cpu temp. Its a direct die 5950x and at 47ccx0 46ccx1 1.39v llc2, it hit 86c during linpack extreme with 1.216-1.224v load. I watched other guy and he has 47 all core at 1.272v and it hit only 65c during powermax avx test.

Because I see something weird about my cpu temp. Its a direct die 5950x and at 47ccx0 46ccx1 1.39v llc2, it hit 86c during linpack extreme with 1.216-1.224v load. I watched other guy and he has 47 all core at 1.272v and it hit only 65c during powermax avx test.
Comparing your own to others especially with custom loops and overclocked settings isn’t really helpful to you honestly. Your temps are still good all things considered.

Can you run the exact same cpu test but with the gpu idle ?

Back