Antec Nine Hundred Case w/ Spot Fan $79.98 after $25 & $18 MIR +shipping

Well, why would you buy a performance case like this if you weren't gonna build a real performance computer (which requires a good psu)?

99.9 percent of included psu's are garbage.

Man, talk about tempting. I don't have the fastest system in the world, but my case just simply needs to be replaced. I figured I might be able to build a new PCIe/dual-core system next year, and this case would suit that just fine as well.

Would this be worth getting for a decent P4 system?(see specs below)

Heading over to CompUSSR today to pick one of these cases up. Just punch in your Zip code and it will tell you if the case is in stock at your nearest store.

Even without the MIR, at $105 is about as cheap as you are going to find it. Online you get to pay anywhere from $13-$20 in shipping which negates ordering this case online. Good find.

-E

This case works perfectly with my p5n32-e sli too. The mobo's heatsinks are at the top and back placed exactly in front of the exhaust fans. They stay nice and ambient temperature-ey. :D

Well, why would you buy a performance case like this if you weren't gonna build a real performance computer (which requires a good psu)?

99.9 percent of included psu's are garbage.

hmmmm, good debate question!

I would say that Antec is probably the .1% PSU that I would be comfortable leaving in a performance case.

What does everyone else think?

1. Nine Hundred ATX Ultimate Gamer Tower Case, No Power Supply

No Psu with this case

hmmmm, good debate question!

I would say that Antec is probably the .1% PSU that I would be comfortable leaving in a performance case.

What does everyone else think?

Oh, if ONLY antec included one of their gilded PSU's with this case. I bought a bfg 800 watt to power my system since... well, you need it for those 8800gtx's that I'm gonna get when they drop in price :D

sucks, no local pickup. :(

Well, I just went and picked one up in-store. If you don't want the motherboard fan thingy you can get the same rebates at the stores. It is only the case+fan-thingy bundle that is delivery only, but the free fan is pretty much negated by the cost of shipping ($16 for me).

I'm really liking this case as I could put some low rpm fans in there for a bit quieter operation and maybe better overall cooling than my stacker. I just wish the case was a bit bigger. Anyone have pics of clean looking rigs in this case?

I have this case and I love it. I've owned this baby for a while now and I still look at it like the first day I purchased it. Its got alot of good features for the enthusiast--believe me--it cools very well. This prices, though after rebate is very very good IMO. The istant rebate is great.

Even at retail prices, this case is something to be considered. Not that this matters, Maximum PC featiures this baby on their cover for February.

The bundle IS available for pick up, too. Ordered the case yesterday and then added the fan shown under add-ons. The rebate doesn't specify anything else. Picked them both up at the local CompUSA and both MIR form printed (case and fan). If you can pick it up locally, it is a great deal. Just check that both are in stock at your local CompUSA.
:)

guys do any of you know if this case has filters on any of the fans? I hate dust and would more consider this case if it had them

thanks!!

also, not sure how you can say its avail for pickup because the page shows "Not available in store".... ??

guys do any of you know if this case has filters on any of the fans? I hate dust and would more consider this case if it had them

thanks!!

also, not sure how you can say its avail for pickup because the page shows "Not available in store".... ??

1) No filters are on the fans or fan locations

2) I don't care what the website says, I picked up my case in store Monday and they honored the price (rang up correctly at the register) and printed out the MIR for me. No hassle involved.

-E

The bundle IS available for pick up, too. Ordered the case yesterday and then added the fan shown under add-ons. The rebate doesn't specify anything else. Picked them both up at the local CompUSA and both MIR form printed (case and fan). If you can pick it up locally, it is a great deal. Just check that both are in stock at your local CompUSA.
:)

confirmed. I stopped by my not-so-local CompUSA, bought both the fan and case, and got a $25 MIR for the case (rang up $105) and a $18 MIR for the fan (rang up $18) printed with my receipt.

ok those blue fans....is it easy to disable/turn off the damn lights?

do the larger fans have lights or jut the 2 in the front?

are filters on the inpus an option?

I can replace the lcd with std fans...tooo bad you have too but I can't get replacements for the big ones. I assume they are not blue...please tell me they aren't lit up.

Only the front 2 fans are lit up and there is no way to turn the lights off. It doesn't have the option to add filters but I am sure that you could make your own if you wanted to. I don't think that you even need the filters. In my old case I got a lot of dust on my filter but in this case I don't see much dust in my case except for some on my gianormus heat sink(Ninja Scythe) with having all the fans on low. This case moves a lot of air, so much that it keeps my entire desk area cool. This is also a very quiet case too. If your case is very cluttered then it will pick up more dust but mine is fairly clean so the only place for the airspeed to drop is around my heat sink which is where almost all of the dust is.

[21CW]killerofall thanks for the info.

do you feel that there is a lot of room in the case?
One pic makes it look like a lot another review and the board is right next to the ps and the back of the drives they say that using the aux fans that mount on the back of the drive slots will not work with long cards.

[21CW]

do you feel that there is a lot of room in the case?
One pic makes it look like a lot another review and the board is right next to the ps and the back of the drives they say that using the aux fans that mount on the back of the drive slots will not work with long cards.

No, there is not a lot of room when you put a full atx motherboard in this case. This is a mid tower and not a full tower case. I was surprised when i picked this up that it was more of a mid tower with lots of drive bays. It will make things kinda tight if you plan on water cooling this sucker once you add your pump, radiator(s), and reservoir.

And yes, you will have to remove the black 120mm fan holder that sits on the back end of the drive cage if you plan on adding an 8800GTX. Even then, from the pictures I've seen, you will have about 3/4" of space between the end of the card and the drive cage. I should know more by this weekend as my 8800 should be on its way.

-E

I would love to see this in a full tower w/ the silicon HDD grommet from their P180. Also, it'd be nice to have an inch or so of room from the front panel and the fan.

Edit: Filters in frong panels like on Stacker would be nice.

i bought both the case and PS on Dec 20, 2006 for a new build then they put it on sale over a month later!!! Looked up their policy and if you can find a better price within 21 days they will match it. Although the case and PS to me are the lamborghini of a computer the price is extremly Great! Wish i had waited and saved a bunch of money.....

Who knew wiring could be so easy? ;) While not to that extent, I am fairly picky about my cables. The Stacker just makes things so easy...half my cables fit behind the PSU. :D

i moved my parts into my new case. My wiring job is not good, but I wasn't that concerned about it. I just wanted to get everything in and back up and running. I can't hear the fans over my x800xl fan. The air flow is amazing in this thing. My CPU idle temp is right around 22C. It was in the 30C range in my old case with the side off. I didn't put the spot fan in, just because I don't really have much use for it. But only having to pay tax for it after MIR, i felt it was worth getting. I really like the way it looks and the led fans are very tastefully placed. They don't light up my room any more than a small night light would.

Back