Android on Windows Phone

marshac

American Hero
So I picked up a prepaid Lumina 640 the other night, upgraded to 10 and installed the AOW cabs- many android apps install and work quite well now- some have internet connectivity issues, but the vast majority work fine. The problem is the file system- it's clearly an android file system and I have yet to find a way to access the WP file system... I mainly want to throw some audiobooks onto the phone, but can't find any way to access the sdcard... with only 2GB of free space on the phone accessing that sdcard is crucial. Any ideas or tricks?

So I picked up a prepaid Lumina 640 the other night, upgraded to 10 and installed the AOW cabs- many android apps install and work quite well now- some have internet connectivity issues, but the vast majority work fine. The problem is the file system- it's clearly an android file system and I have yet to find a way to access the WP file system... I mainly want to throw some audiobooks onto the phone, but can't find any way to access the sdcard... with only 2GB of free space on the phone accessing that sdcard is crucial. Any ideas or tricks?

go into settings, system, storage and then

set everything to go to the SD card

next

double tap on the phone storage and then wait for it to update

Edit can you link me to the CAB files?

Thanks

then tap on the stuff you want to move to the SD card (Apps and game for example) and then tap the left side next to the apps installed and then check the ones you want and then hit Move. Note not apps can be moved and some that can, won't update when they are on SD card

repeat for rest of folders on phone that are visible

Last edited:
Basically Microsoft made a wrapper that would allow Android apps to run on windows phone. It's not actually a released product but it was leaked out on the internet so people are able to download it and side load android apps. The intentions of the program is to allow developers to package up their apps and put them into the Windows store, it's not meant for the end user to do it themselves. (Licensing issues, etc) But it will be interesting to see if they allow windows insiders the ability to download the application so they can package up "their" android apps. *wink* *wink*

Back