Android 8.1.0

Macho

Weaksauce
QR Codes to be read or scanned. The use of the Camera and it will read the QR Code so I may someday sync my Phone to PC.

I do not have a menu selection for turning on QR Codes to be scanned. I tried downloading software to phone to scan the QR Codes and it says, "Some day, this will install." Not right now? Which one? Google Play?

So far I am not able to do this little job of scanning QR codes like everyone 5 years old and younger. Been taking selfie's of myself so I see I must be frustrated. Then to clear the selfie mode, I am back to it only looking at myself after several hours.

Your post is a bit on the incoherent side of things.

I just use an app to scan QR codes. I know this works even on phones and tablets that run versions of Android much older than 8.1.

I tried downloading software to phone to scan the QR Codes and it says, "Some day, this will install." Not right now? Which one? Google Play?

Have you tried going into the Google Play store and seeing what the problem is? Open the Google Play Store. Tap on your profile icon in the top right. Tap on "Manage apps & Device". That will show you how many apps are waiting to be updated, etc. If there is some kind of backlog you could clear it there. Maybe your phone is set to only install/update apps over WiFi and you are not connected to WiFi?

Back