An [H] 'Thank You', and a few long overdue pics!

stateofjermaine

[H]ard|Gawd
So, I arrived at the [H] Forums just 6 months ago, a complete tech-moron, dead set on building a PC. I got TONS of help and advice, and you guys really helped me avoid tons of pitfalls. Little did I know I would get addicted to these forums, forsake all others, and live the rest of my life utterly consumed by geekdom. Fast forward to the present, I've been running this sig system for a few months, now, and it occurred to me that I never satisfied the [H] etiquette requirement of posting a few pics. I actually blogged the build so my friends and family could follow along. There are plenty of pics if you want to skip the talking. Also, you can scroll to the bottom to just see the completed build. Thanks again to the [H] for all the help with my first of many! :D

Mini P180 Build Log

Special Thanks
enigurd
tiraides
lowteckh
DTN107
Dan_D
Danny Bui
Mr. K6

Last edited:
Very cool... I think, I will do something like that. When I add the cable management holes to my Antec 300.

Nice log. I hope you enjoy your new passion for building YOUR computer. And may your passion for wanting to help others do the same, flourish.

I really like the fact that you let the youngun help you build it. I was trying to describe the parts to my children about a month ago during a rebuild, I like the way your broke it down, i tried to use body parts too.
Looks real good.

Nice log. I hope you enjoy your new passion for building YOUR computer. And may your passion for wanting to help others do the same, flourish.
Thanks, gwarren007. I wish you'd been around when I was putting the build together. One of the best advice-givers around these days. :D

I really like the fact that you let the youngun help you build it. I was trying to describe the parts to my children about a month ago during a rebuild; I like the way your broke it down. I tried to use body parts too.
Heh, that was the part I was most nervous about posting here. LOL. Accurate enough for an 8-year-old, I guess! :p

Thanks.

img_0334.jpg

img_0336.jpg

img_03411.jpg

img_0379.jpg

img_0399.jpg

Hope those work better for you. It will be quite a fiasco attempting to host them elsewhere. :(

Last edited:
it's ok, I'll check it out later :) hot linking images works ok, but having to go to the site blocks me.

It's O.K., I'll check it out later.
Ah, I see. Well, maybe I will go through the motions, then. A lot of people at work will probably be dealing with the same issue. May be too late to be of use to you, but at least others will benefit, right? ;)

Very original and amusing write up and pictures. And your daughter is a cutie.

very cool man :) Nice build... it's also really cool, IMO, that you let your daughter (I assume) help you out with it. She'll probably remember that till she's old and grey :)

A++ my friend

Nice build.
Clever write-up.:D

My youngest daughter has helped me with a number of builds, she really enjoys it alot.

Congratulations! I Build mine 2 summers ago, and while my only change in the future will be a window less , LED -less case, It was the best time ever, I LOVE the p180 :D

nice job on the cable management!

i'm looking to do the exact same with my cooler master 690. i initially just used a bunch of packing tape and it looked hellacious. i've since redone the tape job with some zip-ties, but i don't have a lot of places to anchor the zip-ties, so i'm looking to get some cable ladders or something similar to what you've got.

cute kid too!

I'm looking to do the exact same with my Cooler Master 690.
Awesome. I hope you'll post some pics when you've finished. I've already started planning another system (LOL, not that it will ever be built, barring some ridiculous windfall), and I am between that case and the Lancool K62.

Last edited:
That's pretty awesome. Involve everyone who has a step, including family. Great work on the choice of parts!

You still made the decisions. It was just influenced by the [H]orde.

Outstanding cable job. The machine looks great.
Agreed. The cable looming and routing, overall, is very well done. Keeps the machine clean inside for best airflow through the case. Well done...!!

Great write up and great pictures. I've had my boys in the garage with a soldering iron, LED's, batteries, resistors, and switches since they were ten or so. Kudos for including your daughter in the build....very cool....:cool:

Back