Ampere vs RDNA2. Let's settle this (Neon Noir Benchmark)

madpistol

[H]ard|Gawd
I found this really cool benchmark called Neon Noir. It's a free benchmark via the Cryengine Launcher.

Launcher: https://www.cryengine.com/download
Benchmark: https://www.cryengine.com/marketplace/product/neon-noir

What's unique about this benchmark is that even though it uses Ray Tracing, it uses a hybrid Ray Tracing design that allows it to run on most GPUs, including those that do not have dedicated Ray Tracing hardware (RX 5000 cards included). BUT, it does benefit from cards that have dedicated Ray Tracing hardware, such as RTX 2000, 3000, and RX 6000 GPUs. Also, this does not use any form of DLSS or AI-upscaling. That means this is an apples-to-apples comparison between Nvidia an AMD that stresses both rasterization AND ray tracing.

So.... Anyone with an RX 6800 (XT) feel like posting?

I will post my RTX 3080 results for 1080p, 1440p, and 4K shortly. (RayTracing: Ultra)

RTX 3080 FE (stock)

1080p: 15469
1440p: 11651
4K: 5683

1080p
3080neonnoir1080p.png

1440p
3080neonnoir1440p.png

3080neonnoir4K.png

Peeking at some 6800xt reviews, the 3080 is way ahead in this benchmark, but interestingly the 6800xt is ahead of the 2080ti.

That's actually very good. I thought the RX 6000 cards would fall on their face in this benchmark, but they actually do very well. At 4K, they're not quite up to snuff (yet), but on other resolutions, they're very good.

Seriously... I think if AMD gets a DLSS competitor out, the RX 6000 cards will be the ones to get. Best rasterization perf + competitive RT perf.

That themo doesn't use DXR on any form (In fact run in DX11).. so no hardware RayTracing specific library in any form of AMD or NVIDIA way, it is still using the 2019 libraries so any comparison will be most about brute force than anything..

That themo doesn't use DXR on any form (In fact run in DX11).. so no hardware RayTracing specific library in any form of AMD or NVIDIA way, it is still using the 2019 libraries so any comparison will be most about brute force than anything..
It must be using something, because Nvidia's RTX 2000 and 3000 cards do extremely well, while the GTX 10 series does not.

It must be using something, because Nvidia's RTX 2000 and 3000 cards do extremely well, while the GTX 10 series does not.
Might be the floating point performance in the Turing/Ampere Hardware that is giving it the advantage over the 10 series

yeah the point of this demo was to show off an RT solution which doesn't require specific hardware (RT cores/accelerators). And Crytek put some of this into Crysis Remastered. As such, it brought ray tracing to last gen consoles.

Back