Amnesia: The Bunker

Rebirth was fantastic, a step above Soma and superior to the original Amnesia.

I'm excited for this.

Oooh. An Amnesia game in a WW1 setting?

YouSOBImIn.gif

Rebirth was fantastic, a step above Soma and superior to the original Amnesia.

I'm excited for this.
I'm probably in the minority but I really liked Soma. It had an original story and really interesting setting. I felt it was probably the most intelligent game to date.

Rebirth was ok. I thought Soma was better though.

We just don't want another Machine for Pigs. On that we can all agree.

I'm excited!

I also really liked SOMA. I only ever played through it once, but it was an unforgettable adventure.

I just hope this doesn't turn into another Anti-German circle jerk.

I'm probably in the minority but I really liked Soma. It had an original story and really interesting setting. I felt it was probably the most intelligent game to date.

Rebirth was ok. I thought Soma was better though.

We just don't want another Machine for Pigs. On that we can all agree.

Soma is a great game, I enjoyed it, but it's just Amnesia underwater, with robots, with a great story.

Rebirth added some new mechanics, and even when there was no danger, there was a constant sense of dread, at the same time as having a sense of awe at the ancient aliens inspired set pieces.

100% agreed, do not want another Machine for Pigs

F this game. Way too scary. I watched their gameplay demo, you need to keep a generator running to keep the lights on so the monster doesn't get you. Obviously you're going to be scrambling to keep the lights on; I don't need this kind of drama in my life. I'm still stuck in The CURIE in SOMA because one of those things is creeping around.

Amnesia: The Bunker Delayed Again

only a 2 week delay...new release date is June 6th...a demo will be available on Steam on May 22nd

"We're going through the certification process and we have encountered multiple rare crashes that are very difficult to identify, reproduce, and thereby also fix. We simply can't make it in time"

https://twitter.com/frictionalgames/status/1656995054123208704

Bunker.jpg

Oof, the same day Diablo IV comes out.

I would probably have chosen a different release date but the 2 games are different enough that I don't think they are going to compete directly with each other...the Amnesia series was always more of a smaller indie title that was never going to hit the same numbers as Diablo or Elden Ring

I have no interest in Diablo 4 so I might pick this up on Day 1...I'm actually more interested in the new Layers of Fear coming in June

I want to play this game, but Im a giant wuss and would never actually play it if I owned it. Too scary. Even Stalker gets to me at times.

Shame, looks cool as fudgies.

A machine for pigs is not worth playing, even if it's free. It is not made by the same studio. It's just not a good game.

Play the originals, SOMA, and rebirth. All are all time greats, in my opinion. SOMA being the standout.

As for this game - It's OK. They've nailed the atmosphere. Some of the gameplay mechanics are cool this time around. However, this is not a full featured game like the prior titles. It feels more like a big tech demo. However, for the price you can't really complain. It's only $20 on Epic due to the summer sale coupon.

Have gotten a bit addicted to this over the past two weeks. Already beaten it a few times and even had a run where the dog tag for the lighter never spawned (at least where I could get with what items spawned), so I had to improvise quite a bit (and get bit) to get by the numerous rat corpse spawns.

Played with some custom difficulty settings from the Halloween update, specifically the fuse boxes. To say it makes the game harder is an understatement. Might as well not even turn on the generator. Fuses for me spawned at the very opposite end of wherever I needed them. So what would be a quick couple hour run, now isn’t.

I think I’m gonna try to get into modding. More than got my moneys worth.

Back