AMD Radeon R5 M335 4GB

petrthomas

n00b
Hey guys, i am looking to purchase a laptop having AMD Radeon R5 M335 4GB dedicated in it and i intend to play Dota 2 and CSGO on it.

Will it work fine/good for CSGO without having any frame drop issues?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Why would you buy such an old laptop? I wouldn't recommend it for gaming at all.

^^ that. no it wont play well at all. it very old and was entry level at best at that time.

Hey guys, i am looking to purchase a laptop having AMD Radeon R5 M335 4GB dedicated in it and i intend to play Dota 2 and CSGO on it.

Will it work fine/good for CSGO without having any frame drop issues?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

How much are you spending? That AMD Radeon chip can barely pulls 30-40 fps at 1080p ULTRA for CS:GO which is not a hard game to run at all... you might as well buy a non-gaming laptop that's new with integrated graphics like one with AMD 4700U/5500U + VEGA 7 graphics which is double that performance.

My daughter has one. She's playing Minecraft on it, and it looks pretty choppy from where I'm sitting. Maybe just a bit better than the integrated graphics on my Sandy Bridge laptop.

My daughter has one. She's playing Minecraft on it, and it looks pretty choppy from where I'm sitting. Maybe just a bit better than the integrated graphics on my Sandy Bridge laptop.

The review I looked at showed the Intel HD620 is better than the M335 and the HD520 is slightly slower.

How much are you spending? That AMD Radeon chip can barely pulls 30-40 fps at 1080p ULTRA for CS:GO which is not a hard game to run at all... you might as well buy a non-gaming laptop that's new with integrated graphics like one with AMD 4700U/5500U + VEGA 7 graphics which is double that performance.
Spending about $600 on it.

$600 is way too high for a laptop that's equipped with a very-low-end discrete GPU that's more than six years old (technically), and whose architecture dates back three years earlier than that. And the CPU that comes with such a GPU is likely only a dual-core Skylake-generation (or 6th-Gen Intel) U-series CPU with hyperthreading, and running at very low clock speeds at that. IMHO such a laptop is worth no more than about $250 maximum.

And because it is based on the GCN 1 architecture, it is now no longer in mainstream support any more. It is now in "legacy" support status, which means no more new driver versions will ever be released for everything older than the Rx-4xx series GPUs.

Last edited:
$600 is way too high for a laptop that's equipped with a very-low-end discrete GPU that's more than six years old (technically), and whose architecture dates back three years earlier than that. And the CPU that comes with such a GPU is likely only a dual-core Skylake-generation (or 6th-Gen Intel) U-series CPU with hyperthreading, and running at very low clock speeds at that. IMHO such a laptop is worth no more than about $250 maximum.

And because it is based on the GCN 1 architecture, it is now no longer in mainstream support any more. It is now in "legacy" support status, which means no more new driver versions will ever be released for everything older than the Rx-4xx series GPUs.
Thanks
I am going for a custom desktop

Back