Amd chipset 2.04.04.111 drivers

trick0502

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone update to the latest drivers April 7th 2.04.04.111? I put these on today and my system did not agree with them. Applications just kept crashing and a had a few blue screens. I will be avoiding this version. Was wondering what other people’s experience has been with these?

I installed over the top at first and things were bad. Fortnite would crash in the lobby and I had a few blue screens. Removed the everything amd and did a clean install of the gpu and chipset drivers with the same results.

Why so many chipset drivers from AMD? What in the world was wrong or changed? Last one would not install until I DDU the graphics drivers, removed the old chipset drivers. Maybe later today.

Why so many chipset drivers from AMD? What in the world was wrong or changed? Last one would not install until I DDU the graphics drivers, removed the old chipset drivers. Maybe later today.

Release Highlights
  • Removed deprecated device IDs from the IOV driver
  • Removed deprecated device IDs from the USB 3.0 driver
  • General system stability improvements
Fixed Issues
  • Installer may hang during installation progress
  • Installer may abort with “Error 1720” code
  • Installation will not install on a non C:\ location
  • Resolved screen rotation bug with select AMD mobile processors
  • Rare system halt on 7th Gen AMD A-Series APUs
Known Issues
  • Windows Installer pop up message may appear during install
  • Moving installer window during install process may cause installer window to flicker/move around the screen
  • Cannot open installation log file after completion
  • Installer may not update a sub-package to the latest version
    • Workaround: Manually uninstall any prior sub-package, reboot, then re-install the full Chipset package

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-ryzen-chipset-2-04-04-111

I installed over the old version and no problems with my X570 Taichi.

i put it on my banger system and it fine (b450/2700x). im not sure why it didnt like my main system.

Ok, looks like I’m not the only one. Although it’s been 100% stable on my potato system.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-driver-problems-chipset-ryzen
"It's important to note that not nearly everybody is experiencing problems. But as with any software, there is always bound to be a group of people that get unlucky; however, the last couple drivers have apparently been causing a few more problems for users than normal. "

ie: some have problems, most dont.

I have three Ryzen systems, one is Linux and they don't get chipset drivers :( but then works better without them o_O

I just put together the system in my sig 2 days ago and used those chipset drivers. No problems after 2 days of usage including 5-6 hours of COD warzone and 2 hours of Prime 95. Clean install, of course.

Back