AMD Catalyst 13.11 BETA 8 is Out

nice one :)

Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta8 Driver for Windows

* Includes all Feature Highlights of the AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta7
* Resolves intermittent crashes experienced with Battlefield 4 on Windows 8 based systems

Driver runs better than beta7 it feels. Getting around 88-110 fps on average in bf4. Seems better.

Last edited:
Wonder if this is the driver that was sent to reviewers of the r9 290. If it is 290x users should see some decent performance increases
Maybe not given the update log =P

Geeze, I downloaded beta 7 but hadn't even installed them yet. I know we wanted better driver support from AMD, but it's actually getting annoying have to update every couple of days. lol :p

Amd's driver team also needs time to adjust to Windows 8.1 (Hence also these betas before and after the official release of Windows 8.1) and Directx 11.2.

I'd give it 5 months or so.

Just as a data point, not having the Vsync glitch on my Crossfire 6950s with Beta 7 or 8.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta8 Driver for Windows
•​​Includes all Feature Highlights of the AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta7
•Resolves intermittent crashes experienced with Battlefield 4 on Windows 8 based systems

Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta7 Driver for Windows
•​Includes all Feature Highlights of the AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta6

•Increases AMD CrossFire​™​ scaling up to an additional 20% for Battlefield 4

Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta​​6 Driver for Windows
•Includes all Feature Highlights of AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta
•Includes support for the new prod​ucts:

◦AMD Radeon​™ R9 290X
◦AMD Radeon R9 290

• ​Performance improvements

◦ ​Batman: Arkham Origins - improves performance up to 35% with MSAA 8x enabled

◦ Total War™: Rome 2 - improves performance up to 10%
◦ Battlefield 3 - improves performance up to 10%
◦ GRID 2 - improves performance up to 8.5%
◦ DiRT Showdown - improves performance up to 10%
◦ Formula 1™ 2013 - improves performance up to 8%
◦DiRT 3 - improves performance up to 7%
◦Sleeping Dogs - improves performance up to 5%​

•​Performance improvements for the AMD APU Series (comparing AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta6 to AMD Catalyst 13.9)

◦Luxmark (openCL) - improves performance up to 10%
◦Winzip 17.5 (openCL) - improves performance up to 20%
◦GRID 2 - improves performance up to 4%
◦Battlefield 4 - improves performance up to 5%
◦Lef4Dead - improves performance up to 10%
•​​​​Automatic AMD Eyefinity Configuration​

•Automatic "plug and play" configuration of supported Ultra HD/4K tiled displays

Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta Driver for Windows
•​Includes support for the new products:​

◦AMD Radeon™ R9 280X
◦AMD Radeon R9 270X
◦AMD Radeon R7 260X
◦AMD Radeon R7 250
◦AMD Radeon R7 240

•Performance improvements for the AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series in the following games:

◦​Total War™: Rome 2 - improves performance up to 10%
◦Splinter Cell® Blacklist™ - improves performance up to 7% on single GPU and AMD CrossFire™ configurations
◦The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® - improves performance up to 9%

40fps glitch with vsync on my 7970s here too... in addition - beta 7 borked my ability to run dual displays under crossfire.

Now - if i want to use my dual 27" 1440p setup, I have to disable crossfire and put all my icons in their proper place again.

My experience with the drivers -- they fix one thing, and break two others.

Tried installing this, BF4 display driver would freeze after installing it

Drivers seem fine to me, but I'm not sure if this is CPU dependent, but in Multi I can see 40-50Fps dips every so often for 7950 Xfire. Seem normal?

I'm still on the 13.9 drivers. I tried to install the new beta drivers six times now, but my rig keeps BSODing right before the Windows login screen. :(

ever since AMD ended their monthly driver releases there seems to be tons of new betas released

ever since AMD ended their monthly driver releases there seems to be tons of new betas released
That is just for WHQL releases. WHQL drivers are released on a "as needed" basis which seems to work out to once every 3-4 months IIRC.

WHQL matters if you're using AMD hardware in a office environment but for gamers and overclockers frequent betas are the way to go.

I gotta say:

I have been all over this driver testing the shit out of my Franken-Fire 280x/7950 setup on Windows 7 AND Windows 8.1.

The performance on 3dMark is a little better on windows 8.1. Other than that... everything is easier to set up and more reliable by far on Windows 7.

I'm getting micro stutter in 8.1 using frame pacing with these mismatched cards that isn't there in Windows 7. Turn frame pacing on in Windows 8.1 and your 3dMark Firestrike score will go up a bit, but the cyclical stutter every 5 seconds or so is awful.

The stutter is there in Unigine Valley and everything else I've tried so far as well. Turned frame pacing off and it's better but overall the experience of using this driver on windows 8.1 is very jerky and eye-straining compared to same driver with windows 7. No stutter with frame pacing on in Windows 7.

Back