AMD AGESA ComboV2 1.2.0.0

ahh thank you ill put her on the Test bench tonight and see what happens, ill have to read carefully though i may not be able to use my 3200g after the update.
This is one of the reasons I haven't updated the BIOS on my Asus B450-F Gaming board. I haven't see anything to say whether the newest BIOS removes support for some older CPUs and I'm still running a 2600x. I don't think there has been any removal of support for older CPUs. Each new BIOS for the board has gotten a little bit larger but it's still far below the max size the BIOS chip can fit.

This is one of the reasons I haven't updated the BIOS on my Asus B450-F Gaming board. I haven't see anything to say whether the newest BIOS removes support for some older CPUs and I'm still running a 2600x. I don't think there has been any removal of support for older CPUs. Each new BIOS for the board has gotten a little bit larger but it's still far below the max size the BIOS chip can fit.
Running the newest BIOS on the same board, still running a 2700x. Only issues was loss of d.o.c.p. profiles. Had to set ram manually. No biggie after I discovered default ram voltage was 1.20.

Running the newest BIOS on the same board, still running a 2700x. Only issues was loss of d.o.c.p. profiles. Had to set ram manually. No biggie after I discovered default ram voltage was 1.20.
Thanks for the info. I'll probably go ahead and update the BIOS soon. The other issue was the loss of DOCP profiles as that seems about the only way my RAM will run but I'll simply write down all the settings before I update the BIOS and put them in manually.

I might even try the Ryzen RAM calculator again to see if I can tighten up the timings a bit. It's B-die RAM but also seems to be a lower bin and hasn't once worked on any of the RAM calculator settings but I never did increase the voltage above what the calculator called for which was somewhat conservative.

I definitely recommend updating to 1.2.0.0 I have a 3800X on a MSI B550 Gaming. To the person above who mentioned the spikes I would agree I find my cpu fan revving less. But again here is what I found interesting. So I spent the past weekend tweaking my memory and settings so I did hours and hours of Cinebench R20 runs and they were never consistent.

I ran these three consecutive R20 runs with BIOS 1.0.8.1 right before I updated the BIOS.
My scores: 4952, 4981, 4981, surprising usually I don't get 2 the same in a row and usually they are lower than that.
After 1.2.0.0 update scores: 4966, 4966, 4966. I like seeing the consistency. May not be the highest score but after using R20 a lot and not seeing consistency I'm intrigued.

My CPU I am seeing idle a bit lower speed wise so I'm going to watch temps see if they improved.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably go ahead and update the BIOS soon. The other issue was the loss of DOCP profiles as that seems about the only way my RAM will run but I'll simply write down all the settings before I update the BIOS and put them in manually.

I might even try the Ryzen RAM calculator again to see if I can tighten up the timings a bit. It's B-die RAM but also seems to be a lower bin and hasn't once worked on any of the RAM calculator settings but I never did increase the voltage above what the calculator called for which was somewhat conservative.
Updated the BIOS tonight to 4204. No issues that I've seen so far. I had no issue with DOCP profiles, BIOS had the option for it, I selected it and it's running fine. I doubt I'll see any real performance difference but I'll keep my eyes open.

I didn't expect any noticeable changes but I've been itching for something to do and decided to go with this.

I'm running F13a on my board AGESA 1.2.0.0. (specs in sig) I can now run 1900IF synched with default settings. Couldn't even do 1800MHz with tweaking before.

FWIW Gigabyte just dropped their final version of F13 for the A520 Aorus.
I'm on agesa 1.2.0.1A, experience some problems with USB.
Final F13 has agesa 1.2.0.3B, I'll bite cause I'm a bit desperate. Guess I'll let you know.

Back