AMD 5900X Pair w/ Wraith Prism

I have a 3800x I just sold, and I was planning on re-using the wraith cooler, at least for now, but can't find any definitive feedback anywhere. Currently the 3800 I have idles around 31-32 C, and gaming lower to mid 60's. However I can probably attribute that to my case as it is a Phanteks p400a, with the 3 fan/mesh front combo, and I have a rear and one top exhaust fan. But specifically as the they have stated the 5900x has basically the same power requirements (TDP) as the 3800x. So to me as I have been okay with the temps on the 3800x, I would think that the 5900 would be similar, as I don't, and probably will never OC it, just run it out of the box is good enough for me. Thanks, and hope to hear back.

I have a 3800x I just sold, and I was planning on re-using the wraith cooler, at least for now, but can't find any definitive feedback anywhere. Currently the 3800 I have idles around 31-32 C, and gaming lower to mid 60's. However I can probably attribute that to my case as it is a Phanteks p400a, with the 3 fan/mesh front combo, and I have a rear and one top exhaust fan. But specifically as the they have stated the 5900x has basically the same power requirements (TDP) as the 3800x. So to me as I have been okay with the temps on the 3800x, I would think that the 5900 would be similar, as I don't, and probably will never OC it, just run it out of the box is good enough for me. Thanks, and hope to hear back.

Seems to work fine:

https://hothardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-5000-zen-3-processor-review?page=4

"Both of our chips hovered right around the 80°C mark after 10 consecutive Cinebench runs, using only the the AMD Wraith Prism."

Thank you for your reply. I'm sure it will be okay, will be using MX4 thermal paste, as when I remove the cooler it needs replaced anyway, as I forgot to mention that the 3800 used the stock pre-applied paste. So thanks again.

It may be able to handle the job, but it won't do it as effectively or as quietly as even a relatively cheap cooler. I have used a couple of these Hyper 212 EVO V2 coolers now and they seem really great for the price.

Amazon product ASIN B08KD6SPLW

Yes it will work. But why not treat yourself to better cooling since you have pretty much the best gaming cpu in the world right now?

RGB's are rumored to make your gaming faster. LOL.

Amazon product ASIN B07H22TC1N
Yeah totally the RGB in the wraith make it such a great experience, lol. I mean I am going to use it initially, and get a different solution soon. My limitation i have is the height (160mm) max, but I do sadly want some form of RGB. Never cared for it before, but now I have a system with it.

Yeah totally the RGB in the wraith make it such a great experience, lol. I mean I am going to use it initially, and get a different solution soon. My limitation i have is the height (160mm) max, but I do sadly want some form of RGB. Never cared for it before, but now I have a system with it.
the 212 posted above is 159mm...
yes the wraith will work, it just wont be optimal, expect higher temps.

Does that one use the same mount as the EVO V2? I'm not a fan of the older 212, at least not nearly as much as the new one.

They do have some good deals on these air coolers right now. If I was shopping for one and my case fits it, it would be a no brainer.

So I have held off on the fan above for now. Thoughts on this one?
514qeBDsYyL._AA150_.jpg

be quiet! Dark Rock 4

So I ended up getting the Coolermaster 212 RGB pro. 5900x is idling around 31-32c, and games have seem to vary from mid 40s-mid 60s depending on the game, and they are running maxxed at 1440p/144hz. I can't believe the how much quieter it is now. I must say that is nice, the wraith didn't bother me on noise but the up and down up and down was crappy. Thank you al for your help.

Back