Amazon Prime $73 Year This Weekend

I'll definitely be signing up for this. With their 20% off all games if you pre-order is awesome. The 20% off still counts up to 2 weeks after the game releases. Also, now I have an excuse to watch The Man in the High Castle. Heard it was good.

It was $59 around Black Friday and has been for the past 2 years at least.

I've really gotten a lot of use out of my Prime membership this last year. It's a decent video selection, especially for TV shows.

looks like you can't even get this if you have ever been a prime member. i did a prime trail over a year ago and cancelled, tried adding this to cart and the price got "adjusted" to $99. i guess they don't want to win people back, just just attract completely new customers.

looks like you can't even get this if you have ever been a prime member. i did a prime trail over a year ago and cancelled, tried adding this to cart and the price got "adjusted" to $99. i guess they don't want to win people back, just just attract completely new customers.

The price gets adjusted during check out. At least that was the case for me.

Why even pay for prime when it's trivial to just make a new account for a free trial?

Why even pay for prime when it's trivial to just make a new account for a free trial?

Because that makes you a douchebag, and it makes Prime more expensive for everyone who isn't a douchebag and actually pays for what they use.

With all of the stuff we buy from Amazon, I can't imagine making a new account every time my Prime trial ran out. We'd constantly be making new accounts, lol.

Prime is worth it if you shop a lot at Amazon, period. If you don't, maybe it isn't, but circumventing the system to get the benefits without paying for them is pretty shitty.

Because that makes you a douchebag, and it makes Prime more expensive for everyone who isn't a douchebag and actually pays for what they use.

It didn't make me a douchebag.

I was a douchebag long before I started taking advantage of multi-billion dollar conglomerates for free shipping.

That makes no sense at all. Him cutting into amazons profits in such a minor way in no way effects what you pay for the service.

Talk about a long reach...

That makes no sense at all. Him cutting into amazons profits in such a minor way in no way effects what you pay for the service.

Because being a douche is fine as long as the company has a lot of money?

One person doing it doesn't affect anyone, but he's not going to be the only person doing it.

So the more people there are that do it, the more likely Amazon will take steps to reduce the impact it has on their bottom line up to and including no longer offering the service.

Nope but neither is acting like his actions effect you in a personal way. That's unhealthy thinking.

It's also unhealthy thinking to believe that it's OK to cheat the system to get paid services for free and take advantage of other individuals or companies...even if they're very wealthy. It's a shady way of thinking.

In a way I guess it's no different than using someone else's Sam's Club card to make purchases so that you don't have to pay for the annual membership, or using someone else's Netflix account so that you don't have to pay the monthly fee. Many will see it as no big deal, but it doesn't make it right.

Are those of you who got a discount on an existing prime sub, how did you get it in the cart/check out. When I do it, it balks saying the account already has Prime.

It's also unhealthy thinking to believe that it's OK to cheat the system to get paid services for free and take advantage of other individuals or companies...even if they're very wealthy. It's a shady way of thinking.

In a way I guess it's no different than using someone else's Sam's Club card to make purchases so that you don't have to pay for the annual membership, or using someone else's Netflix account so that you don't have to pay the monthly fee. Many will see it as no big deal, but it doesn't make it right.

Not sure those are great examples.

Netflix is on record saying they don't care if you share your account
Sam's club makes money on every purchase made, so it really doesn't affect them if you borrow a membership card (hell, half the time I find they're no cheaper than any other store and occasionally they're more).

In this case, while I agree that cheating is bad, Amazon obviously doesn't care either, because if they did, they could easily stop most of them by simply checking the if the CC on file for another account (they don't)
check if the Mailing Address or billing address is the same (they don't)

Ultimately, Amazon doesn't care, because all they want to do is sell you shit and if you buy from them, they'll make money. And lets' face it, the biggest difference between Prime and regular shipping is the amount of time it takes to leave the warehouse.

Amazon also let's you give your two day shipping to family members for free. They don't give a shit abs anyone thinking is costing then more money when someone games the system for free shipping is living in a fantasy world. And for the record I'm a prime subscriber that pays like most.

Amazon also let's you give your two day shipping to family members for free. They don't give a shit abs anyone thinking is costing then more money when someone games the system for free shipping is living in a fantasy world. And for the record I'm a prime subscriber that pays like most.

I think you are limited to two adults. But i'm sharing with more than that and I've been a prime member for 2 years now.

They've also been shipping my stuff parcel post and it's taking 3-4 days to get to me when I specifically chose 2-day free shipping. I got into contact with customer service and was promised that won't happen again. Anyone with this issue?

quoting myself because i was mistaken. the discount applied at checkout, so it looks like only current prime members cannot take advantage of this.

Because being a douche is fine as long as the company has a lot of money?

It's not like Amazon is some sort of angelic company. Go ask all those book stores and such that they put out of business how they feel about them. There are also numerous scandals about how they treat their workers. The place is cut-throat in the name of expansion.

Btw, if you are a student you get the best deal ever. Amazon Prime free 6 month trial and after that Prime is only $50 per year. Just need a .edu address. Didn't know this existed until after I signed up for this deal.

Last edited:
Are those of you who got a discount on an existing prime sub, how did you get it in the cart/check out. When I do it, it balks saying the account already has Prime.

Apparently this is only for new accounts and not us existing members.

You could just do the chat support and they gave existing users another year for $73

this --

I've never had a prime membership -- funny enough like 2 days before this $73 promotion came to light, i said screw it, and bought a full price membership for $99

Once I saw the promotion - I did chat support and asked them what they could do, they happily gave me $26 refund on my account. It was worth it at $99, it's damn worth it at $73.

I don't do much streaming, but I ordered something yesterday morning at 7am, and it was on my doorstep by 3pm the same day. Free same day delivery, you can't beat that!

Back