Alternatives to Adobe Acrobat Pro?

Peat Moss

Gawd
My version of Adobe Acrobat XI Pro is getting rather old and now that Acrobat has gone completely to a subscription model, it's too expensive. I use Acrobat mainly to do OCR and scanning of PDFs. I like some of the advanced features as well found only in the Pro version.

Are there any cheap or free alternatives to Acrobat Pro? I've come across some sites offering cheap Adobe Acrobat product keys. I'm guessing these are for pirated or cracked versions. Are these safe?

A company I do work for also needed something newer than XI pro. They started using Foxit PDF software and I haven't heard any complaints about it. It was still like $150 to buy each license but WAAAAY cheaper than Adobe wanted for Acrobat Pro 2020. Acrobat is still available as a one-time purchase non-subscription model https://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Acrobat-2020-Windows-Disc/dp/B089FB2CPG?th=1

Those cheap keys are probably "grey area" keys. 50/50 they'll actually activate - and nothing stopping Adobe from catching on one day and just de-activating your software.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Yeah, we started using Foxit PDF Software at work too, and it's been pretty good.

Back