Alternative to Samsung Game Tuner?

ZodaEX

Supreme [H]ardness
I recently retired my old phone, a Galaxy J7 2016 and switched to a Moto G50 in order to change to a cheaper carrier.
On my old phone I made heavy use of a nice app called Samsung Game Tuner, in order to cap the framerate in games, or lower the resolution of games in case they ran poorly or drained the battery too intensively.
But Samsung Game tuner isn't compatible on my newer model of phone.
I poked around a lot and see that the modern equivalent is called the Samsung Game Launcher, however going to the Galaxy store to install it, i'm greeted with a message saying that my phone is not compatible with it.
I also tried side loading the .apk for it and that wouldn't work either. :(
Does anyone know of another app that might be able to achieve the same things that woulf work on my a02s?

Last edited:
Have you looked to see if there's an XDA forum for your model phone? You would prolly get better support there.

Have you looked to see if there's an XDA forum for your model phone? You would prolly get better support there.
Bump me to the Moon.

Yes, but I just need an app that works on any generic android device. I have 3 different android models I'm trying to figure out how to cap my framerate on.

I tried to install Gamelab, but it's only available through the Galaxy store, which is not available for my Moto G50.

Are there any other apps that can limit the framerate in games that is compatible with Moto brand phones?

I made friends with an android developer, and he told me that this isn't possible without a rooted phone. No wonder I couldn't find the answer!

Back