Almost 70% Of IT Professionals Suffer Weekly Phishing Attacks

HardOCP News

[H] News
Whoa, seventy percent? The work of an IT professional is never done.

It reveals that 69 percent of IT professionals have to deal with phishing attacks at least once a week, with customer and financial data the main targets. The survey also finds that seven out of 10 attacks originating from inside the network come from a malware infected machine.

Count me in as the other 30% but I have a many layered approach to prevent it. A very good AV program on all systems. A SPI firewall with content filtering, gateway av, IPS, Antispyware and application control. I also block in and out access to a hand full of countries including Russia and China. A very good spam filtering solution on email as well.

On top of that you need user education and I preach avoid clicking links in emails now a days. There are still some that can't resist but the other measures I have in place have prevented issues for me.

KNOCK WOOD....

Yeah, I see a lot of AV reports with these issues, especially from mobile people on the road. I see those which get flagged by the AV + other protection software.

Meh... What can you do...

It's rare that I have to actually deal with this kind of problem.
It's mostly handled by the firewall, AV software, and training the users to never open a link in an email.

I do have people trying to break into our FTP server all the time, but it bans the IP address after too many failed logins, which generally takes care of the problem.

70%? Once a week?

I've got probably 20 from today alone. Unless they mean successful ones. Then it drops a lot. Attempts though....

Back