Alldocube X Neo

Did you format data? Afaik there is still an incompatibility depending encryption at A12 and TWRP. Going from A11 to A12 my phone did not boot without formatting data .
I did a complete format. It boots fine w/o Magisk but Google Play refuses to run due to Play Protect.

I have made a new folder on MEGA with the following:
1642175644181.png

https://mega.nz/folder/r1s0FBZJ#_K7Ep9cyBn3rbjlfa2tlzQ

CrimsonKnight13 Can you please explain what is modified in this rom? Has probably already been described in the deleted posts, but I don't remember. :) And why should one flash a rom from the year before last?

CrimsonKnight13 Can you please explain what is modified in this rom? Has probably already been described in the deleted posts, but I don't remember. :) And why should one flash a rom from the year before last?
Biggest point, the newest global ROM runs a lot better than the newest Chinese version & supports 5GHz Wi-Fi.

Second, this modified ROM allows for bootloader unlocking & system flashing. This is the expected behavior of the Chinese ROM. The "6gb" version allows for a 6GB system partition, which makes it slot A-only (AB can be flashed but only to slot A) Treble compatible with the newest TWRP created by Allexbast.

modified_global_stock_6gb_with_twrp = bootloader unlocking capable, 6GB system partition expansion capable, & TWRP included
modified_global_stock_6gb = bootloader unlocking capable & 6GB system partition expansion capable
modified_global_stock_with_twrp = bootloader unlocking capable & TWRP included
modified_global_stock = bootloader unlocking capable
Port_TWRP3.5.2_9-0_T1009_global_v01 = newest TWRP
update_6gb_global_unlock = files used to make the global ROM unlockable & system partition resizable

Last edited:
Thank you. Is it possible to flash modified_global_stock with rawprogram_unsparse_mod.xml to update only the vendor / firmware part?

And what does the update_image_EDL.bat?

Last edited:
Thank you. Is it possible to flash modified_global_stock with rawprogram_unsparse_mod.xml to update only the vendor / firmware part?

And what does the update_image_EDL.bat?
Oh... I had the batch files in there for testing from the non-X Neo firmware I was looking into from Allexbast's post. I'll remove them & repost the 7z files on MEGA.

I don't have any modified xmls with specific partitions to flash though. I'll look into making a new one for each version before updating the files.

Edit: I'm generating smaller 7z files if possible 100MBish difference isn't much better so going back to the faster method to save me time (LZMA2 20 vs 2 threads/2min vs 16min), removed the cmd/bat files & added a rawprogram_unsparse_upgrade_keepuserandsystem.xml which doesn't flash system & user data img files. I'll upload all 4 7z files after completion.

Last edited:
Reactions: taro4
like this
Thanks! In rawprogram_unsparse_upgrade_keepuserandsystem.xml I found a minor difference compared to xmls in older firmwares - the current num_partition_sectors in vendor_5.img is 229016, but in older roms it was 228872. So if QFIL writes a slightly larger partition, this should have effects to the following existing partitions like userdata, or am I wrong?

Thanks! In rawprogram_unsparse_upgrade_keepuserandsystem.xml I found a minor difference compared to xmls in older firmwares - the current num_partition_sectors in vendor_5.img is 229016, but in older roms it was 228872. So if QFIL writes a slightly larger partition, this should have effects to the following existing partitions like userdata, or am I wrong?
Probably a difference between global & Chinese firmware. You might need to reflash from this version.

CrimsonKnight13 It looks like I found the cause in gsi instability. I slightly misported twrp, twrp is missing avb signature and wrong block sizes. I'll fix it now.​

Thanks! I'll rebuild the 7zips & include your new TWRP version.

For v0.8 of the guide, I am requesting new screenshots for every step of the "Bootloader Unlocking – Modified from Source" & "TWRP" sections.

Also, testing of GSIs with the newly updated TWRP boot/recovery image with & without Magisk (use phh securize for this) would greatly be appreciated. Screenshots requested for this section as well.

Edit: Stability of the bootloader for unlocking & flashing needs to be tested with the modified global firmware.

Last edited:
CrimsonKnight13, I never managed to work with the tablet, my child does not want to give it away for anything. TWRP v2 which I posted signed by avb, but not patched by magisk23. I haven't tested TWRP yet. Should I post the next version of twrp patched with magisk23?

CrimsonKnight13, I never managed to work with the tablet, my child does not want to give it away for anything. TWRP v2 which I posted signed by avb, but not patched by magisk23. I haven't tested TWRP yet. Should I post the next version of twrp patched with magisk23?
Sure! I can upload it as an alternate file to be used for anyone. The only caveat with that is every new system img flash (like a GSI) will require Magisk to be re-flashed.

Thanks for your work, Allexbast and CrimsonKnight13, but at the moment I don't see any reason to change my crDRom11 (with older TWRP), it runs without any problems. Never missed 5 GHz Wifi. :)

Thanks for your work, Allexbast and CrimsonKnight13, but at the moment I don't see any reason to change my crDRom11 (with older TWRP), it runs without any problems. Never missed 5 GHz Wifi. :)
I provided the modified XML files to upgrade all but system & userdata. Not even going to try that out? QFIL can make a full backup of your current setup.

I provided the modified XML files to upgrade all but system & userdata. Not even going to try that out? QFIL can make a full backup of your current setup.
The modified XML will probably destroy (parts of) my data-partition because of the dfferent size of vendor_5.img. I will reflash the whole system if a well working GSI-rom with A12L is available.

The modified XML will probably destroy (parts of) my data-partition because of the dfferent size of vendor_5.img. I will reflash the whole system if a well working GSI-rom with A12L is available.
My guess is that it's larger due to more required drivers that were not in the Chinese vendor image.

Hi, is anyone using custom rom android 12?
Is it worth it compared to the original android?

Today I also flashed modified_Global_stock_6GB_with_twrp_v3, after that newest crDroid, Magisk and Opengapps instead of Nik Gapps, because I had trouble with TTS-services in Nik Gapps. Works fine apart from some hangings in the first configuration dialogue in crDroid, maybe caused bei OpenGapps. Thanks again CrimsonKnight13 and Allexbast for your great work!

bazito Please check about the incompatibilities between A12 and (all) recoverys concerning encryption. Afaik it is not possible yet to backup/restore partitions even if not encrypted. Improvements specifically for tablets are only announced for A12L anyway.

I noticed that wifi reception is much better with the new firmware, even at 2.4 GHz. 👍

After a few months of barely using the Neo X with crDroid because 5 GHz wifi wasn't working properly, I would now like to upgrade to the latest version.

I would directly flash the 6GB modded global rom incl. current TWRP via QFIL over the existing system. Then via fastboot or twrp install a suitable GSI image. Is that it or do I need to do something else? So far my system partition is not 6GB and I assume it will by the QFIL flash.

thunder85 That should work. You can flash Magisk via TWRP afterwards if you want root. If you flash an A12-GSI rom, please let us know your experiences with A12.

After some weeks not using my X Neo I decided to flash the 6GB modded global rom and, since the crDroid GSI seems to be discontinued, I flashed the A12 Pixel Experience +. And it's working like a charm! This little tablet that came with Android 9 and was never updated by Alldocube now is running Android 12.
Only one thing, TWRP doesn't boot after installing this A12 rom, it gets stuck on the TWRP logo. TWRP only seems to boot when /data is wiped with "fastboot -w", so I had to install Magisk before doing anything else.

Reactions: taro4
like this
Ah okay, at first reading I thought you managed that by installing Magisk, but of course thats not logical. :) As the newest TWRP still seems to have difficulties with encryption and data partition in A12 we should not be surprised if nothing works with our old version. Did you experience any difficulties in restoring apps with Titanium? I'm also still using it (besides Swiftbackup), but it shall not work with splitted apks.

Ah okay, at first reading I thought you managed that by installing Magisk, but of course thats not logical. :) As the newest TWRP still seems to have difficulties with encryption and data partition in A12 we should not be surprised if nothing works with our old version. Did you experience any difficulties in restoring apps with Titanium? I'm also still using it (besides Swiftbackup), but it shall not work with splitted apks.
Titanium Backup works quite well, if some app doesn't work I install it from the Play Store and I restore only the data.

Hi everyone, hope you all are doing well.
After a long time of using my tablet, i wanted to flash the latest crDroid rom dated 2022.03.30 (cdrom v3.16)

At the moment, i have got crDroid RQ2A.210405.005 (release 05.04.2021)

My main question, can i do dirty flash way without losing my already installed apps? I have some banking apps registered to my device and really difficult to do it again. That's my main concern.

Second question: i have already installed gapps and magisk as well. They work fine atm.
Do you recommend now the bvz version (no gapps included) ? Will i keep them after the flashing?

I would be very happy if you would help. Thank you in advance

Is your RQ2A.210405.005 a different version of crDroid from another maintainer? On Eremiteins download site there is no version from 2021.04.05. If yes, you should make a clean flash. Depending gapps, I always used the vanilla-roms and flashed gapps after that because you can mostly choose the package size and do not have to install every google app.

CrimsonKnight13 or anyone, do you think there's any chance we'll get Android 12 on the XNEO? Currently crDroid is up to A11 and releases stopped 2022-03-20. I was hoping for a little more security and feature updates from this tablet, before it's considered dead to updates.

Also just a side note to anyone still using Titanium Backup: There's an evolution to this app now, called SwiftBackup, available from the Play Store. Rock solid, reliable, fast, syncs to cloud, tags that work, better to look at, it is superior in every way.

Last edited:
CrimsonKnight13 or anyone, do you think there's any chance we'll get Android 12 on the XNEO? Currently crDroid is up to A11 and releases stopped 2022-03-20. I was hoping for a little more security and feature updates from this tablet, before it's considered dead to updates.

Also just a side note to anyone still using Titanium Backup: There's an evolution to this app now, called SwiftBackup, available from the Play Store. Rock solid, reliable, fast, syncs to cloud, tags that work, better to look at, it is superior in every way.
I'm no longer tracking any of this due to lack of workable hardware. A12 & A13 Treble ROMs will need to be tested before any finality to it can be called.

Thanks CrimsonKnight I appreciate your historical hard work on this project.

I must've missed that, thanks for bring it to my attention. Do you know where this person obtained the "6GB modded global rom" I am not certain of where this is stored but would like to try it. Or perhaps pjrodriguez can tell me?
https://mega.nz/folder/T8EASYRa#SJOqxo75C0MZ59t7sqYW9A/folder/ywl1CKZa

If I recall, the guide should have the instructions.
I'll have to look through the posts here to see where I posted those instructions & add them to the guide.

Last edited:
Thanks Crimson, looking forward to it.
Looking at that link you posted, I recognize this as a file I already flashed on my Xneo a few months ago, which allowed me to flash A11 crDroid with 5ghz working. With that said, do you know if I can skip flashing the international again, and go straight to flashing the A12 rom? Of course with a factory reset of my current A11.

pjrodriguez Would you please link the A12 rom on XDA that you used? I searched XDA for "A12 Pixel Experience +" but have found only this, which seems it is for Xiaomi devices?
Update: I found this, which seems to be the rom homepage, but I only see specific phones as devices to download, rather than a generic, etc.

Found it: Linking directly for anyone else having trouble finding the A12 rom link.
Edit: Even more specifically, releases on this page, look for the "Plus" in the title.

Last edited:
Thanks Crimson, looking forward to it.
Looking at that link you posted, I recognize this as a file I already flashed on my Xneo a few months ago, which allowed me to flash A11 crDroid with 5ghz working. With that said, do you know if I can skip flashing the international again, and go straight to flashing the A12 rom? Of course with a factory reset of my current A11.

pjrodriguez Would you please link the A12 rom on XDA that you used? I searched XDA for "A12 Pixel Experience +" but have found only this, which seems it is for Xiaomi devices?
Update: I found this, which seems to be the rom homepage, but I only see specific phones as devices to download, rather than a generic, etc.

Found it: Linking directly for anyone else having trouble finding the A12 rom link.
These are the steps that were done with the hybrid ROM & 6GB fix. My 7z files include quite a bit, so you'll need to see what works & let me know. I totally forgot about updating the guide, but a lot has happened since then (moved from VA to TX for a new job & my X Neo was broken).
  1. Flash newest global ROM with the specific Chinese files
  2. Unlock bootloader
  3. Flash new TWRP
  4. Flash 6GB system partition fix
  5. Flash GSI slot-a only ROMs in TWRP
  6. Factory reset before booting to the ROM
Credit to Allexbast for helping with that. I think taro4 & pjrodriguez have actually utilized the modified international firmware with the 6GB system partition.

Thanks again Crimson.
Just wanted to report to everyone that I got A12 installed and working using the link I posted in my edit to my previous post. Since I had already installed the 6gb international and got up to A11, all I had to do was reboot to TWRP and flash the .img of the A12 "Plus" version. I did try an A13 image, which was posted newer, but it got stuck in a bootloop. Rebooting to TWRP and flashing the A12 worked like a charm. I was also able to keep TWRP installed.

Last edited:
Back