Alienware M15 R4 laptop with 3070..2 monitors is a strain or enable one?

jarablue

[H]ard|Gawd
I have a 32 inch lcd and I also have my laptop screen. My laptop is an alienware m15 r4 laptop. What I wanted to know is I want to game on my external 32 inch lcd that is connected. Should I close the lid on my laptop to have only the monitor as the main display? Will having the laptop screen on with the external monitor suck up horsepower when playing games?

I guess I am thinking to not enable the laptop screen when gaming on a external monitor to save horsepower to power the ext monitor.

Or is that not how laptops and video cards work?

I have a 32 inch lcd and I also have my laptop screen. My laptop is an alienware m15 r4 laptop. What I wanted to know is I want to game on my external 32 inch lcd that is connected. Should I close the lid on my laptop to have only the monitor as the main display? Will having the laptop screen on with the external monitor suck up horsepower when playing games?

I guess I am thinking to not enable the laptop screen when gaming on a external monitor to save horsepower to power the ext monitor.

Or is that not how laptops and video cards work?
it will work, there will be a bit of a performance hit depending on what youre doin but you might not even notice it. it you have it, try it.
its how gpus work.

Just make sure when you game you use Full Screen mode, not fullscreen borderless or anything, that is what will give you a performance hit

I use an external regularly on my m17 r4 and have it display only on the external. You don’t have to change the setting when done, just unplug the external and it’ll automatically switch back to the laptop display.

Leave the laptop open for better cooling when doing that though. The hexagons on top by the F keys are air intakes.

Back