put 40 hours in. half solo with AI, half with friends.

Low budget game, but big budget fun. The story is nothing special, but the gameplay is a blast.

I talked to the crazy guy at work who has the Top score he said he Dual Weild the guns on the Arcade game which is why he had a high score. I just used the 2nd player gun by itself which is why I bombed and didn't get any of the High Score spots.

I talked to the crazy guy at work who has the Top score he said he Dual Weild the guns on the Arcade game which is why he had a high score. I just used the 2nd player gun by itself which is why I bombed and didn't get any of the High Score spots.
Keep at it, one day you'll get that high score!

Your posts are my favorite 😂

put 40 hours in. half solo with AI, half with friends.

Low budget game, but big budget fun. The story is nothing special, but the gameplay is a blast.
Guessing the solo with AI is pretty solid then?

Is the matchmaking still horrendously bad?
It never was in my experience. There is apparently a bug with it for some people where they can't matchmake with anyone. But, the important thing to note is the game doesn't have a traditional group leader hierarchy. Everyone has equal control, although whomever was joined is the defacto host. Everyone's matchmaking needs to be set to public in order for you to get matched with anyone. If one in a two party game has their matchmaking set to private, then you will get Alpha or Beta every time. It's not a bug, it's just the way the game seems to work. It's the same for the challenge cards. If one player has them disabled they are disabled for everyone.

One final note, is that I don't see too many people running the game on anything above standard difficulty. Therefore, it's very likely you won't get human players if you are going for higher difficulty missions. Which, is the only way to get some of the weapons.
How does it compare to Outriders?
Outriders is more like Destiny 2. Aliens Fireteam Elite is nothing like that. It's not a looter shooter. It's not first person. It's purely a 3rd person horde mode / mission based cover shooter. It's closer to Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer than it is Outriders.

Last edited:
Third person Left 4 Dead with an Aliens themed skin and Xenomorphs. Basically.
Left 4 dead is fine and all

but my first game of fireteam elite with my friends included a number of legitimate jump scares, my friend literally screaming "they're on the fucking ceilings!!!!" and so much pulserifle and smartgun firing it was the first time I had an erection wile playing with 2 other dudes online.

Left 4 dead is fine and all

but my first game of fireteam elite with my friends included a number of legitimate jump scares, my friend literally screaming "they're on the fucking ceilings!!!!" and so much pulserifle and smartgun firing it was the first time I had an erection wile playing with 2 other dudes online.
external-content.duckduckgo.jpg

I've played this game quite a bit. (74 hours as of right now) The problem is, there isn't a whole lot to do in it. It needs more content badly. The basic gameplay is fun, but you can collect all the rewards and see all there is to see in a short period of time. It's also best played with friends.

That's what held me up on buying it. I just can't do the third person thing. I recently bought...The Division(?) or something, and the third person killed it for me.
The Division 1/2 have issues beyond just being third person. But the reason why you see so many third person games these days is it helps sell cosmetics. When you can see your character, you get more invested the way it looks.

I picked it up during the steam sale and I actually like it. Spent 4-5 hours with it over the weekend. I don't know if I'll regret not getting the deluxe version if the dlc gets overpriced in the end. Definately a $30 or less game for me. I'm not a huge fan of the Alien movies but the atmosphere is damn good.

Still not sure why its only 3 player though.

I picked it up during the steam sale and I actually like it. Spent 4-5 hours with it over the weekend. I don't know if I'll regret not getting the deluxe version if the dlc gets overpriced in the end. Definately a $30 or less game for me. I'm not a huge fan of the Alien movies but the atmosphere is damn good.

screw it.....bought the deluxe edition since i always loved the aliens games/movies

It's a fun game, it just needs more content.

Do you think they will drop any more content for this or is it done? I'm on the fence about it but this is another game I wrote off until I noticed some of the positive feedback like what I'm seeing in this thread.

Do you think they will drop any more content for this or is it done? I'm on the fence about it but this is another game I wrote off until I noticed some of the positive feedback like what I'm seeing in this thread.
They're adding game modes and weapons, but what it really needs is more maps. I don't think they have discussed any future plans on that front.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
They're adding game modes and weapons, but what it really needs is more maps. I don't think they have discussed any future plans on that front.
It really needs more horde maps and they need to make that mode at least as rewarding as going through the story missions. Right now, there isn't much incentive to do the horde mode. Most of the weapons and cosmetics that aren't cash shop items are acquired by completing the story missions on harder difficulties.

Finished the storyline campaign after about 13 hours of gametime with 2-3 restarts due to dying. Definately a fun shooter overall. I'll probably play the new game mode stuff this weekend.

I'm still not a big fan of the 3 player limit but I think the oddest issue is that there is no chat in multiplayer at all. No built in voip, not even text chat. Just built in emotes/voiced lines to talk to other players. Came across a few good players though when me and a friend needed a third. The bot AI is better than Back4Blood's AI at least.

I assume that is not available on game pass though?
Only thing I see listed for sale as add-on content is a skin pack. Nothing about seasons/DLC. So I assume it's included.

I got a discount code for this today. How's it holding up?

I got a discount code for this today. How's it holding up?
It's a great game to mess around with if you can play it with friends. However, there isn't a great deal of content in it. Still, I played it quite a bit and it was a solid distraction for a couple of weeks or so.

Back