Algae Growth? What is This Stuff? (Ooooh locked huh? Someone got mad....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireDemon

Limp Gawd
Just took my watercooling setup apart for maintenance and to change the coolant and I've got this weird bone white paste looking stuff that's lining the inside of the tubes. Is this algae? I always thought algae would be green.

I find this a bit odd since I'm using silver lined tubing, kill coils and water wetter/biocide mix.

It doesn't sound at all like "algae". Is your reservoir clear PET/Acrylic? did the coolant look cloudy in there? If not it sounds like a reaction between the 3 different preventatives in the tubing portion itself.

How long has it been since you started using that coolant?

It doesn't sound at all like "algae". Is your reservoir clear PET/Acrylic? did the coolant look cloudy in there? If not it sounds like a reaction between the 3 different preventatives in the tubing portion itself.

How long has it been since you started using that coolant?
Around two years now.

Coolant didn't look cloudy. The biggest issue is when you flex the hoses it breaks free into small particles and releases itself into the loop.

Did you thoroughly flush your rads before putting the loop together? Brand new ones can take quite a bit more flushing than you might realize in order to really get all of the mfg. debris and particulates out of there.

Did you thoroughly flush your rads before putting the loop together? Brand new ones can take quite a bit more flushing than you might realize in order to really get all of the mfg. debris and particulates out of there.
This is the same block, pump and radiators I have been using for years. This is the first time this has occured.

It seems to be cooling well. For now. I must say that 50C under full load is much better than 85C :ROFLMAO:

Pretty sure I bumped something amiss while I was rummaging around in there last night changing up some things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back